PDA

View Full Version : Spring and Ball Boost Controller Mod

R055IE
16th April 2019, 11:04 AM
Hi All

Made a mod to my spring and ball boost controller that may be usefull to those with spring / ball jamming or sticking issues.

I removed the ball altogether and replaced it with a counter sunk screw that is only slightly smaller than the I.D. on the controller but larger than the spring diameter.

Have attached a pic to make my ramblings easier to understand.

max boost is now on 18psi with needle valve open 1/4 turn for about 10psi at 100km.

There is no boost spike or jumpy needle as before which I suspect was from the ball / spring.

Having the screw shank go down the barb keeps everything inline and moving freely.

Thanks

mudski
16th April 2019, 01:19 PM
Good idea.
I reckon you might want to file down the teeth on the screw so theres no chance of it catching.

R055IE
16th April 2019, 02:17 PM
Good idea Mudski,

I Will keep an eye on it , sticking etc should show up on the guage as a jumpy needle

thanks

threedogs
16th April 2019, 02:49 PM
Maybe even cut it in half ,all trial and error I suppose

R055IE
2nd May 2019, 01:07 PM
Hi All ,

Update , I have had no issues at all with the screw mod in the boost controller over the last few weeks , it’s set at around 20 psi with the needle valve at 1/4 turn , gauge shows to sticking or boost bounce

Currently working out remote for the last couple weeks so it’s getting a lot of bush track / no track testing.