PDA

View Full Version : Hi from macca86

macca86
4th June 2011, 09:15 AM
So the missus and I bought a 2000 gu DX (whoo wants carpet with all the sand and mud it'll see plus it has aftermarket air con and cruise control) patrol and we were stoked got it for 20 000 with 160 000km on the clock, 5 new bf aT tires, steel side steps, winch bullbar (no winch though), uhf and cb radios, spot lights off a F1-11 jet (guy was in the army) and a full rear double draw system in the back.

We were stoked untill I started reading forums and started panicking! But thanks to the hard work of others and this site I am happy again. I read all the problems on the zd30 motor and all of mods and changes are almost done. privios owner put in a 03 model motor with 130 00km on it cleaned the intercooler out and new maff plus a boost gauge. oh and a new 5th gear.

Now we're after someone local (brisbane logan area) to take care of our vehicle for servicing ( needs synthetic oil and genuine filter) plus we would love to meet like minded people for drives and outtings.

Thanks heaps Steve and Jenn
Happy motoring

Dhuck
4th June 2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Another Logan member. Where in logan you from?

nowoolies
4th June 2011, 09:33 AM
g`day Steve & Jen
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

GUtsy ute
4th June 2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome Steve and Jenn,
Sounds like a capable rig you have there.
There's plenty of opportunitys for getting out and about with others on here.
Have a look at the Landcruiser Mountain Park thread from last weekend, theres pics and vids galore.
Enjoy the Forum and maybe meeting you both out there one day.
Post up some pics of your rig for us please.

Cheers Gavin

growler2058
4th June 2011, 09:52 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good mob here full of good info and advice

Clunk
4th June 2011, 10:06 AM
G'day Steve & Jenn, welcome aboard guys

Bob
4th June 2011, 01:03 PM
Welcome Mate. Join in the Forum and enjoy the ride

Woof
4th June 2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve and Jenn, enjoy it and your new toy.

Bigrig
4th June 2011, 06:12 PM
G'day guys - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it.

Plenty of opportunity to get out and about - keep checking the forum for updates as we get out pretty often. Bit of a ways to travel, but I can recommend a great mechanic in Capalaba if you're interested. PM if you'd like his details - he does about 6 cars from the forum now, and to date, everyone seems pretty happy with him.

Enjoy!!

NissanGQ4.2
4th June 2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Steve and Jenn,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willin 2 help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

macca86
4th June 2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Photo's will be coming up just have a super busy weekend with soccer and gun safety training tomorrow for my licence. Should have some rig picture up by the weekend. We live in berrinba just near browns plains. Capalaba does seem a trip but if they're good might be worth it. Have a great weekend and safe motoring. now to troll the posts to get up to speed

Finly Owner
4th June 2011, 09:25 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Steve and Jan

Tim

Dark 1
5th June 2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome buddy have a poke around & join in when ready.

AB
5th June 2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

scotty83
5th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Steve and Jen, Another Logan Member here. Hillcrest is my haunt. Can i suggest that you check out the member's map if you haven't already and add yourself to it if you are comfortable. We don't get out as much as we should but as you know life gets in the road sometimes. see you around by the sounds of it.

Scotty

timbar
6th June 2011, 02:16 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Sir Roofy
6th June 2011, 07:56 AM
welcome aboard steve and jen
hope you enjoy your stay

Maxhead
6th June 2011, 07:36 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate, enjoy

YNOT
6th June 2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve and Jenn, ood to have another Logan local on board.

As Scott (Bigrig) said keep an eye on the forum, the SE QLD forum members are very active with regular trips and gatherings.

Tony

wildgu6
6th June 2011, 10:41 PM
Hey Steve & Jenn, Great to have you onboard, Sounds like a great rig you got there.
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy.

stay safe, stay happy & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete