PDA

View Full Version : G'day Patrol People

Grenade Driver
25th March 2019, 01:54 PM
A bloke with a landcruiser called me a Grenade Driver a while back so I started to have a look at problems inherent to GU ZD30 DDTI's as at the time I hadn't had any. I read that the earlier 3L GU's had some problems with oil capacity, etc but that had been rectified by the time my motor was released in 2004 and didn't think about it again 'til now. I've had my Patrol since new, it's near 15yo now & has done 225000km. It's had a catch can since it was 2yo but no other mods (didn't know about any of the recommended mods 'til I started read some threads on this forum that a Google search revealed to me). The ECU light came on recently so I cleaned the MAF sensor went well for 800km then engine light came on again. Changed the MAF sensor and light came on again after around 650km (both times it went into limp mode). I changed from a RYCO air filter to a cheapie before the engine light started to come on so will try going back to a RYCO today.

Anyway I didn't know what a MAF sensor was let alone to clean it before looking at this forum. So thanks for the heads up and thanks to all the contributors for the treasure trove of info & support you provide. I hope I can be of assistance to other Patrol drivers as a result.

Mc4by
25th March 2019, 02:27 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

4bye4
25th March 2019, 02:41 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

blayne
25th March 2019, 06:51 PM
Gday mate, another newbie here😁

AB
25th March 2019, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
25th March 2019, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate