PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 DI 2000 excessive blowby, performance 100%, no smoke, popped out injector seal

c702290
8th March 2019, 04:09 PM
Hi all

I have had ZD30's for many years now and know a lot of their quirks and probs .. However after some advice on how to start on this.. This car has been used by us for the last 10 years and had a turbo replaced 3 years 80,000k ago has 244,000 on clock.

The good

No Smoke
No nasty noises
Engine is running as good as always (One of the nicest running ZD30's we have have)
Turbo spooling fine
No water use
Starts immediately

The bad

Popped out a injector seal and oil came out everywhere

I washed it down, pushed the seal back in with the help of a couple of spanners for leverage .. it went back in easy as and did not leak surprisingly however there is a lot of pressure coming out of the oil filler when engine running and cap off..

Thoughts please ....

BillsGU
12th March 2019, 11:26 PM
Piston ring wear - cracked head - cracked piston. None of them a cheap or easy fix.

garett
13th March 2019, 04:58 AM
I saw this happen on a pathfinder... 2.5L I think, ended up being a complete rebuild. bore was tapered and a new head,

nipagu7
13th March 2019, 10:14 AM
unless you have seen it before many people are suprised by the amount of blowby coming out of a diesel . might be a good idea to check a couple of other motors to see how yours compares. also it's best to check when engine is warm as rings dont seal as well when cold.