PDA

View Full Version : Nitto Mud Tires

speaknow
7th March 2019, 08:16 PM
I am planning to buy a set of mud tires for my 2013 Nissan Patrol ST Y61. A friend recommended that I go for Nitto (https://4wheelonline.com/Nitto-Off_Road_Mud_Tires.25) Mud Grappler Tires. Is anyone here familiar with it?

rusty_nail
7th March 2019, 08:32 PM
i think most of the regular guys here run KM2s mate but might find someone who does. will you be heading through alotta mud? IMHO most muddies do wear pretty fast on the tar, and if you just want a decent road tyre but also want to tackle some tracks, you just cant beat a decent pair of all terrains. i have more 60K on mine at the moment, and there has pretty much never been a situation i wished i had muddies.

0-TJ-0
7th March 2019, 08:32 PM
Don't know anything about them.. Would only recommend you steer clear of cheap stuff, if they're not that. Give em a try.

Now if you want someone to talk you out of buying muddies...

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2019, 09:11 PM
They look pretty good. My KM2s are just about knackered and am considering some Nittos actually.

Rossco
7th March 2019, 09:26 PM
They look pretty good. My KM2s are just about knackered and am considering some Nittos actually.How many Ks have they done?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Winnie
7th March 2019, 10:06 PM
They look pretty good. My KM2s are just about knackered and am considering some Nittos actually.The nittos are what I am leaning towards for next too.
I have not had a good run with my current set of KM2s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2019, 10:25 PM
How many Ks have they done?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

About 70,000 i reckon. Keen to run them down the fwy but need something for the next snow season for sure. Might buy rims too so i can kill these KM2 or perhaps fit them to the camper while they still have some life.

the evil twin
7th March 2019, 10:32 PM
I'm running Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Y62... very impressed so far

10G
9th April 2019, 09:07 PM
I've been running the Trail Grapplers MTs for about 15 - 20,000ks so far. Bloody strong, reasonably quiet & quite heavy, 10 ply.

Would I buy 'em again, yep. I reckon they're really good value for money. I did the Simpson and Madigan Line with them and had zero problems. The deflate down pretty well, good in mud and sand and lateral grip is pretty good.