PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody! *In head* Hi Dr Nick!

Andy M16s
22nd February 2019, 07:28 PM
So I won an auction on an '07 GU Patrol (199K km) last night and i've only just gotten home after picking it up. I came on here to find the maintenance manuals but figured id join in with the Patrol crew. Yeww!!

Keen to learn more about 4x4s and getting off the road with it.

Muffler
22nd February 2019, 08:25 PM
Hi Andy. Keen to learn as well

(The engine's connected to the.. diff lock. The diff lock's connected to my.. wrist watch..)

rusty_nail
22nd February 2019, 08:53 PM
welcome to the forum guys. worlds best forum, and youll learn way more from the people on here than the manuals we host.

Andy M16s
22nd February 2019, 08:59 PM
So that's what's connected to my watch... And here I thought I was turning on my headlights wrong. haha

Andy M16s
22nd February 2019, 09:04 PM
Good thing I've found this forum then!

I'm about 400km off needing to do the 200k service and I the fan belt is squeeking while the engine is running because something is flicking a small amount of oil onto it so ive got me a project to work on over theweekend while i wait to get it rego'd

Mc4by
22nd February 2019, 09:06 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

rusty_nail
22nd February 2019, 09:45 PM

I'm about 400km off needing to do the 200k service and I the fan belt is squeeking while the engine is running because something is flicking a small amount of oil onto it so ive got me a project to work on over theweekend while i wait to get it rego'd

timing cover is common to leak a tiny amount of coolant, and i have had no end of trouble with the bloody serpentine belt/idler pulley on mine. you just need to buy genuine. the aftermarkets one are crap mate. except the belts, would recommend gates brand

Andy M16s
22nd February 2019, 10:17 PM
timing cover is common to leak a tiny amount of coolant, and i have had no end of trouble with the bloody serpentine belt/idler pulley on mine. you just need to buy genuine. the aftermarkets one are crap mate. except the belts, would recommend gates brand

Cheers mate! i'll check it out when the sun comes out in the am.

Dhuck
23rd February 2019, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Andy M16s
23rd February 2019, 08:49 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Cheers guys!

Avo
23rd February 2019, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AB
24th February 2019, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

4bye4
25th February 2019, 05:01 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

happygu
25th February 2019, 06:02 PM

You may find it is actually the Belt Tensioner making the noise .. it is a common problem with them

Andy M16s
28th February 2019, 10:30 PM
You may find it is actually the Belt Tensioner making the noise .. it is a common problem with them

Cheers for the tip mate! I got a new belt this arvo to chuck on after work tomorrow as I don't really want to pull the fan cover off again anytime soon, so I'll give it all a good clean down and check out the tensioner while im at it!

Are they hard to retention?

mudski
1st March 2019, 03:21 PM
Cheers for the tip mate! I got a new belt this arvo to chuck on after work tomorrow as I don't really want to pull the fan cover off again anytime soon, so I'll give it all a good clean down and check out the tensioner while im at it!

Are they hard to retention?

Self tensioning mate.

threedogs
2nd March 2019, 05:21 PM
Agree with a few guys here go genuine where possible and change the belt tensioner
may be a bit of a skkit of a job beinf a doc "pass the clamps" etc not a hard job just fiddly
an then piece of mine for another 200 k of more, most of all enoy

NoFateSWB_89Mav
4th March 2019, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum lad. Must of been a fun auction!