PDA

View Full Version : Gu patrol problem

Jonrd28
17th February 2019, 01:35 PM
Hey guys looking for some help I’ve got a 1999 rd28td Nissan partol what is breathing lots of oil and air out of motor when cap is off have ran pressure test on
cylinders and is all within spec have tried fitting catchcan and top end has been completely rebuilt it is still breathing shit loads any ideas what could cause this issue? Car also has possible injector and pump issue blowing lots of black smoke and gets warm when you reach speeds of 120km but sits normal at 100km any ideas what to look at not worried about injector and pump issue just why it is breath so much thanks

AB
17th February 2019, 03:11 PM
Is it using lots of oil?

Jonrd28
17th February 2019, 03:18 PM
Nah mate none what so ever

Cuppa
17th February 2019, 04:09 PM
it is still breathing shit loads any ideas what could cause this issue?

I could be way off the mark here, never having owned an RD28td - but I'd wonder if it has anything to do with driving it at 120kph. mudnut will know if that's reasonable for this motor, but I'd imagine it'd could be revving it's nuts off. The black smoke may simply have the same cause - heavy throttle foot. As far as I know these revvy motors were no speedsters & it may just be that you are asking a little too much of it???

Clunk
17th February 2019, 08:07 PM
I could be way off the mark here, never having owned an RD28td - but I'd wonder if it has anything to do with driving it at 120kph. mudnut will know if that's reasonable for this motor, but I'd imagine it'd could be revving it's nuts off. The black smoke may simply have the same cause - heavy throttle foot. As far as I know these revvy motors were no speedsters & it may just be that you are asking a little too much of it???Yep way off the mark..... These engines like to rev..... As far as the issue goes, I have no idea sorry

Avo
17th February 2019, 08:30 PM
Yep way off the mark..... These engines like to rev..... As far as the issue goes, I have no idea sorryA deisel that like to rev ....hmmmm never heard of 5hat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clunk
17th February 2019, 10:47 PM
A deisel that like to rev ....hmmmm never heard of 5hat

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkWell your missus car does and besides, it's only 120kph, not exactly wranging the arse off it hey

Jonrd28
18th February 2019, 12:18 AM
Nah mate black smoke is always and think it get hot because it’s not atomising so suspect injector or pump issue I just trying to figure out why it is breath so heavily with oil cap off

Dr Gary
20th February 2019, 08:57 PM
I think the crankcase is always under pressure when running, so removing the oil cap simply lets the built-up pressure out, fumes and all. When it comes out the normal crankcase vent, the Provent catches it.