PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

k1981
31st May 2011, 04:27 AM
hi all i own a 1985 nissan patrol swb not much to look at but its just going to be a bit of fun down the beach here at goolwa thought why not go onto the beach instead of parking in the carpark,
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/05/43.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/05/44.jpg

oh and dos anyone know how to get those bloody fox stickers off way to stand out like dog's ball's

growler2058
31st May 2011, 06:17 AM
Gday ,mate welcome aboard, good to see another South ozzy here. Were having a forum meet up next year at Loveday (Barmera) would be good if you could get there with your troll. Gettin rid of stickers mmmm carefully hahaha

Dhuck
31st May 2011, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. I have been taking stickers off my truck. I used a thin blade scraper to assist in the peeling and petrol to remove the gum then use warm soapy water to wash the petrol residue off. I skipped the soapy water bit as mine is a pigtrol. If that does not work just Google "remove sticker gum from car". Thats how I found out the petrol idea. There are other ideas there as well.

NissanGQ4.2
31st May 2011, 07:27 AM
Welcome 2 the forum.

Leave the sticker!!! does that make me sound like a dirt bike rider *L*

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

katwoman
31st May 2011, 07:33 AM
Welcome, mate. Depending on age of sticker, heat with hair dryer or heat gun first to soften glue. Remove residue with prepsol or a wax and grease remover.
Enjoy your stay.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 07:38 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Maxhead
31st May 2011, 07:41 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

AB
31st May 2011, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Use a heat gun or hairdryer and heat up the sticker and start peeling it off whilst heating the area you are peeling.

This will make it come off easy.

Bob
31st May 2011, 09:33 AM
Welcome Mate. Hair Dryer as mentioned above. Join in and enjoy

Clunk
31st May 2011, 12:54 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard, I was also gonna say hairdryer but others have got there before me........................ anyway have a good un mate and enjoy

snicko
31st May 2011, 01:02 PM
Welcome to a South Aussie from a South Aussie. Did you get the hairdryer idea? Works a treat! You will get good advice on here mate welcome aboard.

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House. Nice beginners choice of Patrol you have. Is it A petrol or diesel, gueissng it is a original 3l diesel, datsun motor. You can also dab gunwash on the sticker to make it subtle. But hot air guns work better. Watch you don't burn your finger tips when peeling back sticker though.

Tim

Tim

wildgu6
1st June 2011, 10:18 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard, great to have another from the great state on board.
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy.

stay safe, stay happy & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

nowoolies
1st June 2011, 10:32 PM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

timbar
1st June 2011, 10:37 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Woof
1st June 2011, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy.
It seems that everyone uses a hair dryer, but real Patrol owners use a oxy, that's what I use.

No only joking mate.

Dark 1
2nd June 2011, 11:01 PM
Welcome buddy have a poke around & join in when ready.