PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues

Nigelc
8th February 2019, 04:19 PM
Hi, my 88 safari has suddenly had the speedo, fuel, temp and oil pressure guages stop working. The tacho and volt meter are working fine? Can anybody suggest where I could start looking.
Thanks

0-TJ-0
8th February 2019, 05:43 PM
I've always found when mutliple things start playing up/not working checking all your earths is the best place to start.

AB
8th February 2019, 05:44 PM
Check the fuses on the drivers kick panel mate.

Nigelc
9th February 2019, 11:46 AM
Thanks, i checked the fuses before posting, but there must have been a connection issue, as I cleaned each fuse and crced them and it's all go again. Thanks for the advise. Can anyone suggest what the following is for? 77887
It was inside the passengers kick panel. Thanks

threedogs
9th February 2019, 06:55 PM
Grab a pkt of fuses that suit your patrol maybe a squirt
of CRC on the fuse may stop corrosion on your fuse
panel.
well done finding the problem

typo368
11th February 2019, 07:21 PM
looks like something for the stereo unit,looks like it has clarion written on it :)

Clunk
11th February 2019, 09:31 PM
Thanks, i checked the fuses before posting, but there must have been a connection issue, as I cleaned each fuse and crced them and it's all go again. Thanks for the advise. Can anyone suggest what the following is for? 77887
It was inside the passengers kick panel. ThanksIn a an Auto TB42e GQ, there's usually an ECU in the passenger kick panel.... But that photo looks like an amp

gjones
12th February 2019, 10:13 AM
It's one of these.

A Clarion EP-693H. An original Nissan fitted 24v to 12 voltage converter.
Apart from that, I couldn't find anything else but it looks like a prime candidate for your gauge problems.

Jonesy