PDA

View Full Version : Tinkering is a good distraction from stress

UniMatt
3rd February 2019, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone.
40yr old, going through some major life changes, looking for escape, always parking up morale just tinkering away in engine bay.

I'm paranoid about nissan patrol getting stolen, to point I felt compelled to make own antitheft devices and recovery systems. Please don't ask me, cause it defeats purpose.

Reading so many nissan patrols being targeted across Australia has got me so paranoid, that I consider at times to sell vehicle.

The largest profit margin in parts on black market comes from a Nissan Patrol GQ. Exported out of Australia, sold to terrorist groups or just sand dune thrashing in Saudi Arabia region. Year after year the rate is increasing. Eventually of the thieving bastards will have nissan patrols, and everyone else will have Landcruiser (ptf yuck I had and worked on one no thanks never again - screws for oil pump cover).

I joined because I want us civil law abiding people to help each other, in case one of our beloved nissan patrols get stolen.

I have never had a vehicle stolen from me, and I wish to keep it like this. We put so much time, effort, money and share memories with our nissan patrol, the laws are too lax and authorities are too spread out (case in point: exported shipping containers are not checked by customs and border control etc). Cartel families rebirthing vehicles for years, caught with 20 rebirthed parted vehicles, spend no time incarcerated, and are asked to pay a measly fine of few hundred thousand dollars. Sounds like a lot, right? Not when you consider these filthy scum are bankrolled by terrorist affiliated groups in middle East. Even a million dollar fine is a joke.

Anyway, I'm ranting. I'm very passionate about anti theft, anti hijack, safety and security.

UniMatt
3rd February 2019, 10:42 PM
I currently own Patrol GQ, EFI, duel fuel. It meets and exceeds my needs out of a daily 4WD. Yeah, it's a fuel guzzler, but considering how reliable they are, I'm not complaining.

Patrols I've owned:
- patrol gq DX rb30 bench seat duel fuel
- patrol gq tb42 RX carby duel fuel
- patrol gq tb42e ST duel fuel

My favourite patrol is:
- GQ with tb42 carby motor

I've done plenty repairs, mods and rebuilds, as I suppose is normal as you age and continue to own 4WDs (I've also owned subaru forrester 2.4l boxer and Landcruiser 80 series).

My strongest skills and knowledge applicable for nissan patrol are:
- autoelectrical
- chemical
- mechanical

I'm working poor class citizen now.
Back at university studying sciences.
Probably all for nothing, that's okay by me cause I enjoy being in a lab or discussing metaphysical topics. I also enjoy being in a workshop (actually spend more time doing something vehicle related).

Repairing, modifying or replacing vehicle parts I enjoy as a hobby, just like someone who enjoys playing computer games. Was over computer games back with release of Battlefield 2 and Half Life days, then had a taste of Rainbow Sieges but playing computer games is hard for me to enjoy, as I prefer to be productive in life.

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2019, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

mudski
4th February 2019, 07:10 AM
Welcome mate. Im a bit of an online gamer myself, well was until I moved house and now we still dont have NBN. BF2 was my favorite to play too. Anyhow stick around, theres a great bunch of people here with all the same interest.

Cheers.

GQtdauto
4th February 2019, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate , yes theft is a problem but a well placed sat tracker and good immobiliser should help .

Dhuck
4th February 2019, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Mc4by
4th February 2019, 06:36 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

UniMatt
5th February 2019, 02:09 AM
Thx all.

Don't put faith on those transponder rolling code units guys, it only takes $5 tuning pot soldered onto current used transceivers used by thieves. Proof of concept demonstrated in online published thesis.

You are better off using chemical and mechanical danti theft devices.

UniMatt
5th February 2019, 02:11 AM
Unable to edit typos. Predictive text and small gap between touch keyboard. Sorry. Context is enough to get message across.

4bye4
7th February 2019, 11:25 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

AB
7th February 2019, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.