PDA

View Full Version : Electric Brake Controller

Mc4by
3rd February 2019, 02:30 PM
As part of our preparations we need to install an electric brake controller.
Is this something easily achievable DIY or is it best to drive in and get it done by the experts?

What are the better controllers?

Yeti's Beast
3rd February 2019, 02:33 PM
As part of our preparations we need to install an electric brake controller.
Is this something easily achievable DIY or is it best to drive in and get it done by the experts?

What are the better controllers?

It’s pretty easy and Redarc tow pro elite is what I have

Proud BTrol Owner
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0-TJ-0
3rd February 2019, 02:37 PM
Second vote for the redarc tow pro elite. Nice and neat in the cab and pretty straightforward install. Came with pretty good instructions too.

the evil twin
3rd February 2019, 03:31 PM
Redarc X 3

Used to rely on Tekonsha's but now use the Redarc... easy peasy to fit and operate.

Only things to watch (for all Controllers) is to use the correct gauge wiring and if you have all LED brake lighting sometimes the Controller can't "see" the correct voltage depending where you pick off the trigger.

Rossco
3rd February 2019, 03:37 PM
Yep Redarc towpro elite x4. Does the job well and is very minimal and neat in the cab.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeti's Beast
3rd February 2019, 03:53 PM
Redarc X 3

Only things to watch (for all Controllers) is to use the correct gauge wiring and if you have all LED brake lighting sometimes the Controller can't "see" the correct voltage depending where you pick off the trigger.

I get the trigger from the brake light switch up on the pedal [emoji106]

Proud BTrol Owner

Mc4by
3rd February 2019, 04:47 PM
Well that makes the decision easy. Redarc it is.
Thanks all.

Cuppa
3rd February 2019, 06:18 PM
Yep x5 & I installed it DIY.

the evil twin
3rd February 2019, 06:25 PM
I get the trigger from the brake light switch up on the pedal [emoji106]

Proud BTrol Owner

I get Brake Sensing from the trailer loom, that way the only cable going to the front of the Car is the Cat 5 data Cable to the remote head unit.
Redarc Control Unit is under the cargo floor

cairns gu
4th February 2019, 04:18 PM
Sounds like the Redarcs are good. I've got a Tekonsha voyager, cheap, simple and works well.

Old Wal
4th February 2019, 09:10 PM
Just read that the Redarc Tow Pro V2 Electric Brake Controllers sold between 1st of September 2018 & 21 January 2019 are being recalled -listed on the ACCC Product Safety Australia Website ( sorry couldn't post the link)

Mc4by
4th February 2019, 09:46 PM
Just read that the Redarc Tow Pro V2 Electric Brake Controllers sold between 1st of September 2018 & 21 January 2019 are being recalled -listed on the ACCC Product Safety Australia Website ( sorry couldn't post the link)

Cheers Old Wal, I saw this same article.
My supplier is checking for me as he had no stock and is expecting a new batch this Friday.

Mc4by
4th February 2019, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFIxGQKXdw

This is the link to the announcement from Redarc owner/director.