PDA

View Full Version : Rover to Nissan

Easilydistracted
30th January 2019, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Mike and I'm from over in NZ. I've got a young family(5 of us) and have recently been offered good money for my 25 year old Defender 110 so I'm very tempted to sell and move to something a little more modern and comfortable on the road. i'm quite taken by the idea of a couple of 2013 GU patrols advertised over here at the moment and would be keen to learn from your experiences if you're not to sick of newbies like me popping up.

mudski
30th January 2019, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Mike and I'm from over in NZ. I've got a young family(5 of us) and have recently been offered good money for my 25 year old Defender 110 so I'm very tempted to sell and move to something a little more modern and comfortable on the road. i'm quite taken by the idea of a couple of 2013 GU patrols advertised over here at the moment and would be keen to learn from your experiences if you're not to sick of newbies like me popping up.

Welcome mate. You can't really go wrong with a Patrol of that age, unless its been flogged. Its like any car you look at to buy, give them a good once over, look under the floor pan to see how dirty it is, this will be a good indicator of if its done much offroad work etc.
Good luck and post some pics up of your new ride when you get it.

Easilydistracted
30th January 2019, 09:07 PM
Hi Mudski,

Thanks for the reply! I figure if you guys over in oz are using them they must be pretty good!
Do you know much about the reliability of the auto vs manual? Is it even a consideration or does it just come down to personal preference?
Also as there are 5 of us I'm pretty keen on a 3 point second row middle seat, the ones I'm looking at only have a lap belt, do you know if you can retro fit a 3 point belt? It seems that perhaps other markets have a 3 point belt as standard.

mudnut
30th January 2019, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
30th January 2019, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Woof
31st January 2019, 04:54 PM
Welcome mate, we never get sick of new members asking questions here.........there is no such thing as a stupid question as well

AB
31st January 2019, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

4bye4
1st February 2019, 10:46 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.