PDA

View Full Version : Don't tell the Landrover fourms I'm here!

Easilydistracted
30th January 2019, 08:21 PM
So I think I've sold my defender 110 and i need a replacement family 4x4. Ideally we'd like a 7 seater and something that is rugged enough for moderate offroad. I'm really liking the look of a couple of 2013 ZD30 patrols. Now by all acounts it seems like by 2013 the ZD30 was sorted if perhaps a little thirsty and under powered? I am coming from a 2.5 tdi 110 on 35s though so under powered is relative.
I'm wondering if some of you might be able to help me with a couple of questions.
Anyway it seems that manual vs auto is mostly a question of preference, however I'm curious to know if a manual will be more reliable in the long run?
Also we are a family of 5, I'd really like a 3 point middle row centre seat belt, these vehicles I'm looking at are only lap belts. Is there a common way of retrofitting a 3 point belt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Mike

0-TJ-0
30th January 2019, 08:25 PM
I'm only new myself mate but the guys on the forum appreciate an introduction post before you start asking questions. Welcome to the forum.

Easilydistracted
30th January 2019, 08:42 PM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up, have added an intro to the intro area.

trev zd30
30th January 2019, 10:24 PM
My 2016 patrol has a lap/sash centre belt. Not sure when they started fitting them though nor do I know if they can be retrofitted.
Maybe if you could find a late model wreck with one you could swap out the roof lining and hardware to suit, assuming the anchor point is already in the roof structure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
31st January 2019, 07:21 AM
So I think I've sold my defender 110 and i need a replacement family 4x4. Ideally we'd like a 7 seater and something that is rugged enough for moderate offroad. I'm really liking the look of a couple of 2013 ZD30 patrols. Now by all acounts it seems like by 2013 the ZD30 was sorted if perhaps a little thirsty and under powered? I am coming from a 2.5 tdi 110 on 35s though so under powered is relative.
I'm wondering if some of you might be able to help me with a couple of questions.
Anyway it seems that manual vs auto is mostly a question of preference, however I'm curious to know if a manual will be more reliable in the long run?
Also we are a family of 5, I'd really like a 3 point middle row centre seat belt, these vehicles I'm looking at are only lap belts. Is there a common way of retrofitting a 3 point belt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
MikeI haven't ever seen anything but a lap sash in the middle row mate, would seating in the rear be suitable? The third row has 3 point belts.

As for the auto manual, I have an auto (di) and have driven the manual (crd) towing a 20foot caravan.

Have to say the manual holds boost much easier, the auto drops all boost as soon as you release the accelerator, from memory the manual held it long as you are in gear. Prefer the auto for offroading though. Much cruisier when your climbing rocks etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clunk
31st January 2019, 10:30 PM
Yep only lap sash in the middle for the second row, been that way since day dot, reckon it would have something to do with the middle row being 50/50 split. Either that or just plain laziness or cheating out on Nissan's part, seeing as my old 2003 XTrail was a 60/40 split and middle was just a lap sash.

Choosing auto or manual I guess is just down to personal preference.

I don't own a GU so cant say for sure.... Thought the autos had a power button which meant the gears were held for longer before changing, but maybe someone could confirm that either way

mudski
1st February 2019, 01:26 PM
I have a manual, but I'd love an auto. Laziness just get the better of me now.

rusty_nail
1st February 2019, 02:04 PM
I def have a power button and it does hold the gear much longer and higher.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk