PDA

View Full Version : Hello, newbie

Crapwelder
9th January 2019, 02:31 PM
Hi guys, newbie to forums, I have been reading various posts and views for months about the Y62’s.
After having a BT50 brake we finally narrowed the replacement down to a patrol, chev, or cruiser.
The chevs are awesom but just toooo big to park in town, the cruisers are 2000 technology for 2018 prices,
So it came to a patrol.
I grew up with petrol V8s so know what is involved with fuel usage, ( just learn how to drive a petrol V8 ).
We got hold of a new white 2018 in December.
Wow, they ride smooth, family comfort for touring and the power for towing there’s no substitute for cubic inches.
We just finished a trip to tassie, done almost 4000km averaged 18.7 ltrs per 100 towing a jayco camper around 2 tons worth.
The patrol eats up the road kms, easy to do big distances and handles the bends and windy stuff well, it got a bit tight in some Hobart back streets, but they were built for horse and carts.
The car is standard except for a towpro elite and redarc dc charger, it has a genuine Nissan towbar, sand grabber floor mats and ruffnut seat covers, I removed the rear seats and made a drawslide fitted with an Engel 40ltr fridge which pulls out and tilts.
I had one issue with the cooling fan continuously coming on for the trip home, it dragged most of the way back to Bathurst, outside temp was between 25-30 degrees and we sat at 100 to 110 km.
Does anyone have an idea why, the rest of the trip it only came on in city driving and very rearly.
I thought with its cooling system being so big it would never come on especially at these speeds.

Keep up the good work on the forums
Cheers

4bye4
9th January 2019, 02:44 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Dhuck
9th January 2019, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Mc4by
9th January 2019, 07:37 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

AB
9th January 2019, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

You should get a better response to questions by asking them in a different section as a lot of folk don't read the intros.

GQtdauto
9th January 2019, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum

Crapwelder
9th January 2019, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the welcomes

johnosmitho
13th January 2019, 03:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. I'm new here too and looking forward to chatting and sharing info on these awesome cars.
Cheers,

John

Crapwelder
14th January 2019, 09:55 PM
Hey John, thanks, and welcome as well