PDA

View Full Version : Power Window switch issues LHF

andykmv
29th December 2018, 10:36 AM
hey guys need soe advice on where to start looking - LHF window goes down but wont come up.

andykmv
29th December 2018, 10:37 AM
forgot to mention, vehicle is aGU series 1 patrol, st4500 wagon 1997

altech
29th December 2018, 10:47 AM
Mine did the same, I used same contact spray cleaner in a can, I believe the switch is the drivers side. just spray all over and work the switch back and forward . might take 2 goes it, but worked for me and remember once in awhile, just do a window check of all windows. cheers Alex

andykmv
29th December 2018, 07:13 PM
so how do i get the switch out ? i am also looking for a workshop manual pdf for my model with schematic details

altech
30th December 2018, 09:44 AM
just remove the door switch controller screw out, then pull up slowly

andykmv
4th January 2019, 10:21 AM
thanks guys!
after undoing the screw, I discovered that if you pop up the padded elbow rest first, the switch panel lifts up easily. I tested the LHR switch in the LHF and that worked so have ordered replacements. also discovered that the master switch panel LHF switch is not working (replacement ordered) and that the previous owner had tried to lift the switch panel by the front end and managed to break the locating clip whilst hauling it up (instead of removing the elbow rest) so have to either glue that or get a new one! just lucky i didnt break the LHF switch panel clip !

mudski
4th January 2019, 02:04 PM
I just removed mine, opened them up, cleaned the contacts, put new dielectric grease on the contacts, put back together and all are good. Didnt take long to do and saved me coin. Which is always a bonus.