PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum. Looking for ECU wiring

ChrisR
28th May 2011, 02:34 PM
Hi guys.

I have been doing 4x4 for many years overseas and had many 4x4's in the past. When in AUS do what the Aussies do they say so I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Patrol ST diesel. I am not used to waiting for cool down time before I switch off so I found a Turbo timer on Ebay but it needs to get hooked to the rev signal on the ECU to calculate the time it needs for auto cool down before switching off. While surfing the Web I came across this site so joined. Not sure if there are any posts about the 2011 3.0 ECU as I am not sure where the ECU is hidden or which wire is which. Do not want to ask Nissan or they might shoot me for modifying the car.
Any advice - Oh yea and how do I get the bottom section of the steering wheel plastic cover off to get to the wiring? It seems stuck after I remove the 4 screws and the top part. Do not want to break it.

Cheers

growler2058
28th May 2011, 02:45 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a goodmob here full of good info and advice

Bob
28th May 2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy. There is a Manual that you can download which will have what you want. Search under Forum Manuals

Clunk
28th May 2011, 02:54 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard, sorry I'm not able to help but no doubt someone will come along who can.

GUtsy ute
28th May 2011, 03:07 PM
Good to have you join Chris,
The info on here should get you sorted with your timer.

Put up some pics of your new shiny Patrol, would love to see it.

Cheers

NissanGQ4.2
28th May 2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

DX grunt
28th May 2011, 03:49 PM
G'day Chris.

Welcome to another WA local. Great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco
DX grunt

AB
28th May 2011, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

big_fletch
28th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another member aboard..

Fletcha

Dark 1
28th May 2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.

YNOT
28th May 2011, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris.

You should be able to find the wiring diagram you need by downloading the Y61 manual on here.

Tony

ChrisR
29th May 2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. Nice to know there is a big Nissan family out there to chat to. I am downloading the manual now and will have a read to see if I can find what I am after. I have not got any photos to post yet, will post some as soon as I get around to it. Having a new 4x4 is so much fun - So many toys, so little time and money for them. Lots of mods on the way. One thing I did notice after pulling the electric brakes out of my Prado was that the wiring was way too thin and a terrible installation. I have opted to do as much as I can myself so I know the quality of the work in future.

Maxhead
29th May 2011, 10:36 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
30th May 2011, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
30th May 2011, 09:15 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

wildgu6
30th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Hey Chris, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy.

stay safe, stay happy & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

timbar
31st May 2011, 02:55 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 05:07 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House ChrisR

Tim