PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

Jesse Livingston
22nd December 2018, 08:19 PM
Hello All,

My name is Jesse and I picked up a 94 GQ PATROL about 3 months ago now. Currently has 6" Ironman lift, 33X12.5 R15 Mickey Thompsan MT's, Custom front and rear bumpers with winch, totally rebuilt engine (only the block is original) and custom leather interior.

Future plans are 35X12.5 R15 Cooper STT's, 4.6 gears and turbo w/intercooler. Not sure if I'll do the gears or turbo first as the truck get's on pretty good with the stock gears and 33's. It's mostly a daily driver and any offroading is at least a 2 hour drive so I'm thinking I'd like to keep it geared for the majority of driving I do.

In Canada I drove two Pathfinders for a combined 10 years, spent the last 3 riding around in a 2013 Tacoma (let's not talk about those dark days) and now finally back in a Nissan! It's my first Patrol and the truck is a beast and I love it! Took a little getting used to as it's the first diesel I've owned and the days of 5000RPM are no more, but the torque is awesome. It's a pleasure to drive with a manual trans. From what I've been told this model of Patrol was 100% manufactured and tested in Japan before it headed overseas.

In Canada I had easy access to parts and shop manuals but now it's quite difficult to find so I really appreciate all the knowledge in the forum.

Anyway thanks and will post some trailing pics soon.

GQtdauto
22nd December 2018, 08:29 PM
Nice rig mate welcome to the forum .

4bye4
22nd December 2018, 08:46 PM
G’day mate and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dhuck
22nd December 2018, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Mc4by
22nd December 2018, 09:46 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

AB
22nd December 2018, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
23rd December 2018, 10:05 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum , is yours a 24v job?
anyway ask away and enjoy

Bigcol
23rd December 2018, 07:22 PM
welcome to the forum Jesse
nice looking rig you have

you didnt say where you are, but was in Canada, be interesting to find out about where you taravel 2 hours to go off roading

cheers