PDA

View Full Version : MudRunners PhotoBucket photos are missing chat

AB
25th May 2011, 11:26 AM
MR, I'll start a thread here to chat about it and find a solution and hopefully other people will see this and may have answers too.

All of your photos from photobucket on this forum show up with an error.

Below is the very first picture of your members ride post...

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Action%20Pics%204B/n544284925_1474300_6999.jpg?t=1277724667

Ok, so it has an error and can't display the picture. Nothing has changed on this forum and every other photobucket picture from other members seems to be ok.

This is the link of that photo that I got off this picture
http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Action%20Pics%204B/n544284925_1474300_6999.jpg?t=1277724667

Now, notice how it has "?t=1277724667" at the end of the url....Every single picture you have put on here has this ?t=123456 number thing....This is a problem because it wont show the picture it will just show an error picture that Photobucket gives out.

All photo links from other websites must end with the picture format for it to work...

Like this.....http://websitename/usersfolder/usersalbum/picture.jpg

Now, if I take away that ?t=123456 characters after the .jpg then the photo will work fine like this below is the photo without that ?t=123456.

I have no idea why suddenly there is this ?t=1234456 at the end of the URLS now for some reason.

I will check it out today but can you please confirm the following...

Have you changed anything on your photobucket settings? Changed a name of an entire album and then changed back again or anything at all??? Maybe a small little button you might have clicked that wont let people show picture links on other sites maybe?
Can you look on any other forums where you have posted pics from this account and confirm if they are showing or not? This will confirm It's not our forum causing the problem....I am 90% sure it is an issue with photobucket but just want to confirm.
Anyone have any ideas????
I will endeavour to suss this out mate, looks like a tricky one...Please don't delete your Photobucket account, rename any folders, etc as they are all still there and are all ok....For some reason all of your links to photobucket now have this ?t=1234545 thing.

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Hi Andy,

MATE!! I have no idea what has happened. I posted on Scotty's rear bar thread last night without trouble. I went to bed, and came back this morning to find a number of references to those pics (so others have seen them before the crash) but the pics are now down like in your post.

I have reposted those pic to fix that thread but gone to my build thread and DAMN!! Gone!

I have gone to my build thread on Patrol4x4 and half the pics are there and half gone. But all the pics are gone from here.

I noted that there was a slight change int eh pic address when i reposted but have no idea why?? They were working when i left here at 2am and others have seen them since.

But not now???

HELP!!!

This is very UnKool!

Bob
25th May 2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Andy,

MATE!! I have no idea what has happened. I posted on Scotty's rear bar thread last night without trouble. I went to bed, and came back this morning to find a number of references to those pics (so others have seen them before the crash) but the pics are now down like in your post.

I have reposted those pic to fix that thread but gone to my build thread and DAMN!! Gone!

I have gone to my build thread on Patrol4x4 and half the pics are there and half gone. But all the pics are gone from here.

I noted that there was a slight change int eh pic address when i reposted but have no idea why?? They were working when i left here at 2am and others have seen them since.

But not now???

HELP!!!

This is very UnKool!

Maybe you could insert a Pic in this thread now to see if it works.

AB
25th May 2011, 11:39 AM
The ones on the other forum....

Are any pictures that you have posted on other forums showing up as preview picture like we have on our forum.....Not just a link which takes you to a picture I mean an actual picture that shows on the post that you made on another forum?

Or are all of the preview pictures on a post gone on other forums too.

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 11:40 AM
http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/IMG_0819.jpg?t=1306285767

Bob
25th May 2011, 11:41 AM
http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/IMG_0819.jpg?t=1306285767

cannot see pic

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 11:42 AM
Really??? That is bazarre! i can se it no trouble at all. Twice ;)

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 11:46 AM
The ones on the other forum....

Are any pictures that you have posted on other forums showing up as preview picture like we have on our forum.....Not just a link which takes you to a picture I mean an actual picture that shows on the post that you made on another forum?

Or are all of the preview pictures on a post gone on other forums too.

Nah they are showing up in the thread.

I re-organised some of my photo bucket about 6 months ago and had to go fix everything and learnt my lesson. I have No Idea what has happened.

AB, can you see the pic above?

Silver
25th May 2011, 11:48 AM

I can't see it either, and as AB observed it has 'stuff' after .jpg

Bob
25th May 2011, 11:49 AM
When I right click on the error message and go to Properties the type is showing as GIF image and it should be a JPEG image.

Dont know why I am not a Guru on PC's

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 11:53 AM
Cheers guys

Grabbed this out of the Rear bar thread

I like MR's channel or similarly a structural gauge RHS was my initial thought and then infill with checkerplate or similar

Thanks lads - love both (Timbar's and MR's) ... but alas ... it's not up to me to decide!!! LOL

I posted at 2am and these guys saw the pics as late as 6:30am? Now its crashed??

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 12:07 PM
here is teh Khumo Tyres Feedback thread that i posted a long time ago.

The pics in this thread are in a different folder in my photobucket and are down also? and i was no where near them last night

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?903-Tyre-Feedback-Kumho

AB
25th May 2011, 12:07 PM
Don't stress mate, we'll sort it out...

Leave it with me for today...Anyone else have any ideas please throw them up here.

Bob
25th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Don't stress mate, we'll sort it out...

Leave it with me for today...Anyone else have any ideas please throw them up here.

I presume that MR can log onto his Photobucket A/c and see the Pics and if so it is only a Link problem. Dont know what but am curious as to why the type is a GIF image instead of a JPEG image

AB
25th May 2011, 01:08 PM
When I right click on the error message and go to Properties the type is showing as GIF image and it should be a JPEG image.

Dont know why I am not a Guru on PC's

Yes I have noticed that too Bob....Weird!!!

I have contacted Photobucket and awaiting answers but will keep hunting!!!

katwoman
25th May 2011, 01:12 PM

I can see this pic !!

Bob
25th May 2011, 01:14 PM
I can see this pic !!

I cant.............

AB
25th May 2011, 01:14 PM
Really??? That is bazarre! i can se it no trouble at all. Twice ;)

Go back to the first page of this thread Daz and see if you can see it now...Press refresh on yoru browser and see if you can or can't see it anymore.

I tried to edit some of your pictures, it worked but then I press refresh and it dissapread again...

This one is tricky....Still trying to figure it out....

AB
25th May 2011, 01:15 PM
I cant.............

I can't either....Press refresh on your browser Kat and let us know if you can still see it or not?

snicko
25th May 2011, 01:15 PM
I can see this pic !!

I CAN NOT see the pic Kat can!!

snicko
25th May 2011, 01:17 PM
I cant see in either Google chrome or Firefox.

katwoman
25th May 2011, 01:22 PM
Still there on the iPhone , Andy.

growler2058
25th May 2011, 02:22 PM
I can on ly see the second photo on page 1 of your build thread

AB
25th May 2011, 02:29 PM
I can on ly see the second photo on page 1 of your build thread

Yep, thats the one I fixed to see if it would work...i'm still trying to find an answer for this.

I am howver 100% sure it is an error on Photobucket. I have asked Photobucket for an answer but not sure if they will answer.

Still looking...

One way is go back through each post and re link them again but thats one hell of a job!!!!!!!!!

growler2058
25th May 2011, 02:31 PM
Yep, thats the one I fixed to see if it would work...i'm still trying to find an answer for this.

I am howver 100% sure it is an error on Photobucket. I have asked Photobucket for an answer but not sure if they will answer.

Still looking...

One way is go back through each post and re link them again but thats one hell of a job!!!!!!!!!

Pain in the ar5e.

katwoman
25th May 2011, 02:35 PM
I can also see MRs pics on bigrigs thread

AB
25th May 2011, 07:27 PM
MR, I have spent a few hours on this today and It's 100% something wrong on Photobuckets side.

I have researched everywhere...I have found the problem but no solution sorry mate.

Some other people on forums around the world have had similar problems.

All we can do now is just wait to see if Photobucket respond to my question.

If not we will have to re link your photos...I reckon this will take about 2 hours so It's not the end of the world mate...It can be fixed but just want to wait back from them to see if there may be a 1 button fix...lol

Don't stress mate, we'll work it out!!!

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Cheers Andy, I have a mate who is a webmaster too and he has been looking at it too. he is in the same place as you are mate. That url extension that has appeared is a very strange one.

I will be patient mate and wait it out a few days.

I am moving house on the weekend and likely have no internet for a few day from Friday and will check back next week and see how it all looks.

Thanks for all your help mate.

...........Holding Pattern starts now............

Maxhead
25th May 2011, 11:05 PM
To me it looks like a permission issue ,, but I have had afew!!

AB
26th May 2011, 08:41 AM
To me it looks like a permission issue ,, but I have had afew!!

Yes, thats why I asked MR if he had changed anything...If he had clicked something like "Dont allow website to show your photos, etc" then photobucket could somehow disable all links and give that error maybe...

katwoman
26th May 2011, 09:47 AM
So, how come I can see it all on phone ?

growler2058
26th May 2011, 09:58 AM
i tried my phone and see nuttin

katwoman
26th May 2011, 10:00 AM
Hmm, another of life's mysteries !!

Bob
26th May 2011, 10:02 AM
Hmm, another of life's mysteries !!

Kat Log Off the Forum and then log back on again and see if you can then see the Pics.

katwoman
26th May 2011, 10:06 AM
Kat Log Off the Forum and then log back on again and see if you can then see the Pics.

Just did, I can still see em all. I must be just special !!

MudRunnerTD
26th May 2011, 10:20 AM
Just did, I can still see em all. I must be just special !!

Hey Kat can you go to my build thread and check that with your phone too mate? go to the link in my sig line.

I went and spent a fair bit of time going around my photo bucket last night and checked all the permissions and there is nothing out of place there?

Thanks for you help guys, appreciated.

katwoman
26th May 2011, 10:31 AM
Yep mate. I only did first 3 pages, but all there. So I assume the rest are there too. takes foreva to load on phone !!

Bob
26th May 2011, 10:33 AM
The Pics are Back

I have checked a few Pics from various threads with Pics posted by Mudrunner and they appear to be all there.

AB
26th May 2011, 10:44 AM
Did you changed anything MR???

Do we know why this happened?

Bob
26th May 2011, 11:07 AM
Did you changed anything MR???

Do we know why this happened?

They came back after Kat logged off and back on again so lets blame her for all the trouble RAFLMAO

It actually did come back after Kat logged off and back on again. On of life's mysteries

Thats why we call Computers FRED (F&^%#ng Ridiculous Electronic Devices)

katwoman
26th May 2011, 11:11 AM
They came back after Kat logged off and back on again so lets blame her for all the trouble RAFLMAO

It actually did come back after Kat logged off and back on again. On of life's mysteries

Thats why we call Computers FRED (F&^%#ng Ridiculous Electronic Devices)

Thx, Bob. Always my fault, I'm used to it.

AB
26th May 2011, 11:31 AM
Well here we go....Below is the email I got back from Photobucket...

Oops! The MudRunnerTD account is on a server we are having issues with. Not
all users are effected. Thanks for reporting this! We're aware of the issue
and we're working as quickly as we can to get this fixed for you. Please hang
in there. We will be updating you as we have more information:)

Thanks!
Photobucket Support

Bob
26th May 2011, 11:35 AM
Well here we go....Below is the email I got back from Photobucket...

Oops! The MudRunnerTD account is on a server we are having issues with. Not
all users are effected. Thanks for reporting this! We're aware of the issue
and we're working as quickly as we can to get this fixed for you. Please hang
in there. We will be updating you as we have more information:)

Thanks!
Photobucket Support

Damm and I thought we had found the Culprit in Kat. (Dont let her see your Post and she will continue to have a guilty conscience) RAFLMAO

That is good as it was rather puzzling

katwoman
26th May 2011, 11:39 AM
Damm and I thought we had found the Culprit in Kat. (Dont let her see your Post and she will continue to have a guilty conscience) RAFLMAO

That is good as it was rather puzzling

Too late. Besides I don't have a conscience.

MudRunnerTD
26th May 2011, 01:15 PM
ANDY!! YOur a Legend mate! Thank you very much mate, really appreciate it. I would not even know how to contact photobucket??? did not know you could!

Thanks bud!

Bob and Kat really appreciate your involvement.

Cheers guys