PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Motor for a GU - 4.2TD?

FNQGU
28th November 2018, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, a mate of mine just has his ZD30 grenade itself and he is considering his options.

The vehicle is in pretty good nick and has a fair bit of fruit on it. I've suggested he simply replace the motor and to do it with a TD4.2.

Any advice on where to get one and anything to look out for? I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but we do have a contact or two to help out.

Winnie
28th November 2018, 08:26 PM
I bought mine from Patrolapart in Lilydale.
If you can, I recommend using a GU factory turbo motor. They are a stronger engine and can handle a bit more punishment than the original non-turbo engines.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dpetersen
29th November 2018, 09:21 PM
I wouldn’t use patrolapart unless his got plenty of $$$ to burn. Have heard they do a terrific job but there a better options out there imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeBee
29th November 2018, 09:39 PM
I have found these guys really great to deal with to be honest. I don't get the impression I am being fleeced when I shop there either. I did contact them in the early stages of swapping my 2.8TD to a 4.2, and at 13K DIDO, yes it was going to be a s/h donk, I thought that was pretty reasonable. I only went the 6.5 route because I wanted to drive slowly.

Rossco
29th November 2018, 09:54 PM
Yeah think i was lucky with my conversion paid six and a half for silvertop with safari turbo & intercooler kit and all the stuff needed to go TB to TD, was a while ago now. They know what prices they can get and do so, but back the stuff they sell and are pretty reasonable with everything I reckon. Their customer service & knowledge is top notch, never had a problem. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk