PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a win today.

bazzaboy
26th October 2018, 02:35 AM
Received an Email from Alliance Insurance thanking me for taking up their extended vehicle insurance in 2014? Took me buy surprise as I don't remember doing it, or paying for it, so I gave them a call. I seems that when I first purchased my new Titanium Patrol in 2014 ( leased for 5 years, although it paid it out in late 2015 ), it was included in the lease payments & payout figure without my knowledge, as I've never seen the policy document.

Apparently, the current Royal Commission investigation into the banking & Insurance companies, has forced these companies into sorting out their past. Seemingly the lease company took up the policy for me, without me knowing, and now it's been dumped on the insurance company to sort it out by contacting the policy owners to explain the policy and/or offer to refund it or leave it active until it's expiration. I chose to leave it active, as I figured I'd already paid for it, and it's still valid to late 2020.

The policy covers everything the original Nissan warranty covered, but including car hire, accommodation, towing & unlimited windscreen or window replacement, from the time their warranty expired, until October 2020.

the evil twin
26th October 2018, 12:00 PM
Yeah, the Royal commission is a double edged sword... I got a 'refund' of $750 odd from MLC for Fees they had incorrectly deducted from a Super Policy I had exited in about 2010.

No dramas about the $750 but I would rather have the amount about 10 times that $750 the RC has cost my Super portfolio in tanked financial sector share prices

MB
26th October 2018, 03:50 PM
Crikey Bazz & E.T mates, I learnt something future important here today, makes good sense overall thought!
Not too savvy me on this sort of stuff, thanking you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk