PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Boomtiki
23rd May 2011, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first chit chat with other people on the internet apart from Facebook & emails so please forgive me for not knowing all the liitle abbreviations.
Apart from that I'm looking forward to learning from & sharing with everyone as I've checked out a few posts on this site & it looks like everyones really knowledgeable, freindly & willing to help others with tips & advice.
I've just bought my 1st 4wd which is a 2008 Patrol GU IV converted from a wagon to a dual cab tray back.
I put a lot of thought into exactly what I wanted & what suited my familys lifestyle/budget & so I waited 2 1/2 yrs till I found the car of my dreams... Worth the wait.
She's a bit rough round the edges as it came from a minesite in QLD via Victoria to it's new home here in the Pilbara W.A. but a few dints here & there don't bother me as I plan on using it for what it was designed to do & not spend her life on the tar.
I can't wait to get her out & about once I've fixed the few small issues she has (which is where all you guys come in) & I hope to share my experiences back to you all.
All my life I've wanted to get into 4wding but now it's finally a reality & can't wait for the experience to begin.
Any tips or advice would be appreciated & hope to chat with you all soon.
P.S, I'm a refrigeration/air con mechanic (not much experience with patrols yet) but if I can help with any advice I'll do my best.

nowoolies
23rd May 2011, 11:42 PM
g`day boomtiki
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bicket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Clunk
23rd May 2011, 11:44 PM
G'day Boomtiki and welcome aboard to another Westie, there's plenty of us on here mate. If you can't find what your looking for, just ask and someone will come along and help or point you in the right direction. Have fun.......

wildgu6
23rd May 2011, 11:49 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

growler2058
24th May 2011, 06:27 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of good quality info and advice

Dhuck
24th May 2011, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the foram mate.

Bigrig
24th May 2011, 07:15 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Absolute first rate introduction!! Well done!!

Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. If you have any questions, then unleash champion and we'll do our best to assist!

Enjoy!!

Bob
24th May 2011, 07:31 AM
Welcome Mate. Glad you found us. Join in the conversations and enjoy the ride

Maxhead
24th May 2011, 08:01 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Boomtiki, great intro by the way...

Sir Roofy
24th May 2011, 08:50 AM
welcome aboard boom tiki enjoy your stay

AB
24th May 2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, great intro.

Congrats on the new beast too, worth the wait indeed. Have a look around and ask any questions you have.

NissanGQ4.2
24th May 2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

big_fletch
24th May 2011, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

Dark 1
24th May 2011, 09:28 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Finly Owner
24th May 2011, 09:32 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Boomtiki. You'll be right, just ask if you're not sure of lingo or check out this:http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3282-Basic-Message-Abrreviations

Tim

timbar
25th May 2011, 03:13 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer
Good to see another west aussie
ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Yendor
27th May 2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Boomtiki and welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your dual cab ute if you can.

Why Nissan doesn't have this option with the Patrols I just don't understand, just look at how many tradies run around in dual cab Hilux's, Triton's and Navara's

I think Nissan should drop the Navara's (lucky this is a Patrol forum) and bring in a dual cab Patrol.

Cheers Rodney

DX grunt
28th May 2011, 11:08 AM
G'day mate.

Welcome to the forum - especially another Sandgroper. This is my last winter down south and heading up north...somewhere.

Take care out there.

Rossco
DX grunt

Boomtiki
2nd June 2011, 12:47 AM
g`day boomtiki
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bicket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Thanks for the welcome Paul. I've tried to upload a pic but I'm not sure if it's worked, (still navigating this site). Should be registered before the weekend so hopefully some action shots should be on their way. Will keep you posted.

Boomtiki
22nd October 2012, 12:47 AM
Yep, agree.
I'm a tall/big bloke & sitting in my mates Triton is so uncomfortable, I knew I couldn't settle for a Navara or the like, so I had to hold out for a custom cut.
Hope to talk again mate.
Cheers.

jimmi
22nd October 2012, 12:51 AM
g'day all, been wheeling for some time, had an old mq patrol, currently have a hilux, but looking at sas it with gu gear.

Greengu98
22nd October 2012, 09:02 AM
welcome mate. i also new, some good information on the boards.

2TROLLFAM
22nd October 2012, 10:56 AM
Howdy and Welcome !! As the others have said, there is a tonne of advice & experience to had from the members of this forum. Newbies to 4x4 (like me) and the experienced can learn ALOT The best part is if you want to ask a question remember "no question is dumb" and if you have the knowledge, don't forget to "share"

Join in and you'll have a blast !!

my third 256
28th October 2012, 05:01 AM
hi and welcom to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen