PDA

View Full Version : just joined the patrol club

timbo2410
22nd October 2018, 06:27 PM
hi all, just got my first patrol. A 2013 y61 wagon. it pulls like a train and am really impressed so far. i have read many things about the benefits of the dawes valves and am working out a wish list. First is EGT and boost guages to determine before and after instalation values .. then the valve (valves?) ... and also the catchcan. Now, i’ve jst got back from the UK after 12 years and am well and truly out of the loop as far as suppliers and shops go ... so where is a good retailer to do my needed shopping that is in the Bunbury/Perth region of W.A.?
Any and all info would be great

GQtdauto
22nd October 2018, 06:59 PM
Welcome back mate , no idea about WA but we have lots of clued up members over there .

timbo2410
22nd October 2018, 07:06 PM
thanks its good to be back i can tell you. fishing .. beaches .. sunshine ... haha .. and a 2013 patrol with 50 000 on the clock ... quite happy .. now to just sort out a few things and all will be well with the world .. although the wishlist is getting longer by the minute ..

growler2058
23rd October 2018, 05:22 PM
Welcome aboard mate.

timbo2410
23rd October 2018, 06:45 PM
Cheers mate its good to be back. I just ordered a catch can from Western filters and a Dawes valve and injector valve from 3 bar racing .. looking at gauges as we speak. Have seen a gauge kit from Gauge Shop australia for a pair of VDO boost and pyro gauges .... until i can get a fitting welded onto the dump pipe i cant fit it. Dunno who would do it form me locally

Coldcomfort
24th October 2018, 02:59 PM
Cheers mate its good to be back. I just ordered a catch can from Western filters and a Dawes valve and injector valve from 3 bar racing .. looking at gauges as we speak. Have seen a gauge kit from Gauge Shop australia for a pair of VDO boost and pyro gauges .... until i can get a fitting welded onto the dump pipe i cant fit it. Dunno who would do it form me locally

Ive just gone down the same path you are heading. The best thing I did was the Beaudesert exhaust system. The difference these mods have made to my truck is amazing. Oh, and also the EGR block kit from deisel smart.

timbo2410
24th October 2018, 03:47 PM
yeah i saw the upgarde guides and the exhaust is on the wishlist .... dont know if there is a stockist over here so may have to settle for a 3 inch system from another supplier. at the moment i want to install the bost gauge catch can first to stop any further contamination. i need to decide on a set of gauges and a mounting point then get at least the boost gauge working. to fit a egt probe i will either have to get the existing dump pipe fitted with a threaded union or get a new exhaust fitted ... then once i can measure values i can fit the dawes/needle valves. loads to do ..

Coldcomfort
24th October 2018, 05:09 PM
yeah i saw the upgarde guides and the exhaust is on the wishlist .... dont know if there is a stockist over here so may have to settle for a 3 inch system from another supplier. at the moment i want to install the bost gauge catch can first to stop any further contamination. i need to decide on a set of gauges and a mounting point then get at least the boost gauge working. to fit a egt probe i will either have to get the existing dump pipe fitted with a threaded union or get a new exhaust fitted ... then once i can measure values i can fit the dawes/needle valves. loads to do ..
That’s what I did. Put the gauges in first. At first I thought the boost gauge was faulty by the way it jumped up and down. But after the mods the boost gauge is virtually linear with the engine revs/load. I haven’t worked it out yet but it seems to be using lots less fuel.

timbo2410
24th October 2018, 05:14 PM
did you get a local exhaust mob to weld in a threaded bung on your dump pipe formthe egt probe

Coldcomfort
24th October 2018, 06:08 PM
did you get a local exhaust mob to weld in a threaded bung on your dump pipe formthe egt probe

The Beaudesert exhaust came with one already in place. I specified the size when I ordered it.

timbo2410
25th October 2018, 08:48 AM
I think i may just get a bung welded on my stock dump pipe for the time being to mount the probe. I have too many items on the wishlist at the moment. Want to get up the coast fishing this summer and that means a compressor and roofrack not to mention recovery gear and tow points ... sigh $$$$

Daveyboyjunior
5th November 2018, 10:00 PM
Hi Tim
Are you the same Tim from the Four Wheel Drive Club back over here?

I drilled and tapped my bung into the dump pipe bend. No welding required. It's worked really well with no issues and really positive readings at the gauge!

Davey Boy

timbo2410
5th November 2018, 10:15 PM
No mate not part of a club yet. Going to go a 3 inch manta exhaust that has the bung already installed. Got the A frame pod for the 2 gauges as well as the catchcan. The dawes valve and needle valve havent arrived yet so will wait and mount all together. Then its recovery points .. roof rack and lights .. the list grows😀

threedogs
6th November 2018, 01:20 PM
Hi Tim and welcome back looks like your wish list is growing,
as usual enjoy, will follow your project with great intrest,,,

JackoGQYoot
6th November 2018, 05:39 PM
Hey Tim
Are you coming to the 4wd show on the coming weekend...that's where you get good deals on gear imo.
Congrats on the new beast
Cheers

timbo2410
6th November 2018, 05:45 PM
Cant get there im afraid .. bit of a bugger ... need to save some money at the moment