PDA

View Full Version : My new ride! :)

Cuppa
20th October 2018, 03:16 PM
This is the old bomb we have to use on the block we are caretaking on the Dampier Peninsula. Windows which can't be shut, only one working external door handle, a petrol motor which has started with difficulty each time when needed so far - coughs, splutters, wont rev etc until warm after which it runs well. Brakes work well, unlike those on many local cars. Only use the sub tank as petrol leaks out as fast as you put it into the main tank. Drives & handles surprisingly well. We also use it to drive into 'town' - Beagle Bay Community (25km away during the dry, double that in the Wet) where it fits in with many of the other vehicles seen there, without rego or plates. Seems that as long as the back tracks are taken & the main Cape Leveque rd is avoided the authorities don't bat an eyelid. No spare wheel, no tools, wheel nuts seized on all helps to make it an adventure each time we go out.

FNQGU
20th October 2018, 04:31 PM
Give you something to do in your spare time... :-)

the evil twin
20th October 2018, 04:34 PM
Limo by local standards mate...

My young bloke was waiting for a double road train yesterday at Beagle Bay to deliver his road works machines... which promptly broke down at 'halfway tree' between the Community and Broome.
Lost all its air as the other trucks tried to get it off the road so was stuck blocking the road and waiting for a sparkie out of Broome (typical Scania).

It's his last weekend up there (he flies out Tuesday) so is hoping for a good days fishing tomorrow.

Enjoy yourselves, the Wet is awesome I reckon
E.T.

Cuppa
21st October 2018, 12:48 AM
Shame we missed him ET. Was in Beagle Bay for the first time a couple of days ago. Seemed like pretty friendly folk round there.

the evil twin
21st October 2018, 01:05 PM
Shame we missed him ET. Was in Beagle Bay for the first time a couple of days ago. Seemed like pretty friendly folk round there.

Yeah, they are a great bunch and looked after him really well he reckons.
Keen to learn road building and machinery skills, on the weekends they took him fishing and crabbing etc

Had a look at the Church yet?