PDA

View Full Version : New blue thunder and I. Hi all!

Jannie
16th October 2018, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Jannie and I'm originally from South Africa. I've always had fond memories of patrols growing up, from using them to hunt in the bush, taking you to the best and hard to reach fishing and diving spots or just loading them up for a weekend of fun. I finally went out and bought one this week and took it for a test drive on the Yorke peninsula Sa to find those gremlins hidden away. The trip was cut short as some absolute douchebag had buried tire spikes on the tracks, photos attached. This 1990 tb4.2 runs so so well and I'm not surprised. Happy to be here and I can tell this community will be much help in the future of my endeavours.

Ps-has this sort of thing happened to other people? Apparently a near by farmer was frustrated with people getting lost and ending up on his property so he bugged the whole area to reduce tourism.

4bye4
16th October 2018, 02:06 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Yea that happens every now and again over here. Usually dickheads that have nothing else to do and just don't like to see others having fun. Farmers in the main don't usually do that sort of thing, especially if they haven't put signs up.

Dhuck
16th October 2018, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

neet_wagon
16th October 2018, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum mate :thumbup:

PeeBee
16th October 2018, 02:48 PM
This sort of thing was happening in the Vic High Country in the early 1990's when the green movement was trying to rid the forests of cattle and 4wd's. We had one Landcruiser Club weekend where spike wrecked a number of tyres on the Butcher Country Track when it used to rumble in and out of numerous river crossings.

AB
16th October 2018, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

GQtdauto
16th October 2018, 06:59 PM
Welcome mate and sorry about what happened, must be an idiot farmer if it was one because if your tyres get flattened like that you're more than likely going to walk to the nearest house or property .

Jannie
16th October 2018, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone. Yea, just one of those unfortunate events, 10 mins down the track my friends Pajero popped both right side wheels on another spike. Safe to say we are not going back there anytime soon. The spike seemed freshly sharpened so it can't have been there too long. Just lucky it was my most worn tire haha.

Softy
19th October 2018, 08:43 AM
Where the spikes buried at The Gap? It's been a problem for a while now.. w8nker locals.