PDA

View Full Version : Dads Patrol

Dads GQ
18th September 2018, 08:23 PM
Hello. I am new to this forum, I decided to sign up to be able to meet people with patrol knowledge and experience as I have none and am keen to learn a thing or 2

So after my old boy passed away a couple months ago I inherited his 92 GQ.

The old girls pretty rough around the edges and still goes fairly hard but definitely needs some TLC and my intention is to fix her up cosmetically and mechanically. The memories associated with the vehicle are too valuable to me to just get rid of it. So it's going to be bit of a long term project.

As far as I know it is a 92 GQ Wagon with a tb42e (I originally thought it may have been a conversion from carb because of year but am unsure now)

Pretty sure it has extractors, maybe camshaft, looks like a tough dog 2" lift.

Hopefully after I get it in to a mechanic they can give it a good once over and let me know where it's at mechanically and I can start thinking about what to do.

By the way, if anyone is in Darwin and can recommend a mechanic it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dhuck
19th September 2018, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
19th September 2018, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

You might get a better response by asking questions in a different section as a lot of folk don't read the intros.

Winnie
19th September 2018, 07:19 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum. Nissan did have the efi models available in 1992, my first patrol was a 92 efi.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mudnut
19th September 2018, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of info here to help get your Patrol into top shape.

Avo
19th September 2018, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

threedogs
20th September 2018, 01:47 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum condolences to you and your family,
best bet is change all the fluids that gives you a starting point.
your mechanic will tell you what up and whats not,
Only use OE bushes and thermostat if needed.
Start a build thread in Members ride then when ever you fix something you have a date
etc. and pic we love pics, need to see your beast, most of all enjoy

Dads GQ
21st September 2018, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll definitely start up a members build and get some photos of the current situation.

Cheers.

Meggs79
24th September 2018, 01:22 AM
Welcome. Sorry about your loss I'm sure that you'll get the old girl sorted out. From what I've heard they're as tough as they come.

MB
24th September 2018, 07:14 PM
Welcome aboard, condolences and make him proud brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dads GQ
25th September 2018, 05:38 AM
Welcome aboard, condolences and make him proud brother!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks mate..
Trying to learn as much as I can before jumping in. Gonna be a fun but scary journey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4bye4
3rd October 2018, 02:27 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

MB TD42
3rd October 2018, 07:35 PM
Gday from WA