PDA

View Full Version : GU brake pads l/h vs r/h

JoeTD42
3rd September 2018, 09:03 PM
Hi all,

I just did a swivel hub rebuild and replaced my front rotors and pads while I was at it. The new bendex pads I put in were marked l/h and r/h (two of each in the pack).

What does this mean? The two left hand go in the left wheel. Or the left hand goes on the left each caliber. The only difference I could notice was that of the two marked the same, each had the locating clip/spring on the opposite end.

I put the two left on the left and the two right in the right.

All seems to be working ok so I hope I have done it right?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
3rd September 2018, 11:26 PM
Cant day ive ever noticed. Certainly they are packaged in pairs. Cant say ive noticed left and right though.???

mudski
4th September 2018, 08:07 AM
Cant day ive ever noticed. Certainly they are packaged in pairs. Cant say ive noticed left and right though.???

Yeah always packaged as pairs and left and right, I just reinstall the same was as they come off, I dont think you can actually put them in the wrong way as that spring clip wont fit the wrong way.

JoeTD42
4th September 2018, 11:46 AM
Both the left and both the right were together in pairs in the one plastic shrink wrap and that’s how I put them in.

The thing that stumped me was that only one of the 4 that came out had the guide clip on it. Also the channels the clip go in seem to go right through the calliper so you could put any of the pads in any position.

Thanks guys

mudski
4th September 2018, 12:20 PM
Whats the part number of the pads you put in? Edit : just checked, they do only have one clip. TB48 pads use two.

JoeTD42
4th September 2018, 01:30 PM
DB1361

Each pad has one clip. Of the ones that came out 3 had no clips and 1 had one clip.. and it doesn’t appear that they had broken off either.