PDA

View Full Version : Gqtd4.2 n/a slug

Chaserouse
30th August 2018, 12:04 AM
Hey ladies and gentlemen my names chase
Halfway through switching out my gq td4.2 n/a into a tb42 ford maverick, in a week removed both motors and gearboxes and all suspension from the td, removed both dashes, both looms and installed the td loom and dash into the maverick and also painted the engine bay
Hoping to use the site for the things ive been getting stuck with to help out along the way but also happy to answer questions if you're planning on doing something similar aswell, ive the process quite easy, nuts and bolts really

MudRunnerTD
30th August 2018, 12:17 AM
Welcome mate, look forward to seeing your build thread.

Dhuck
30th August 2018, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

GQtdauto
30th August 2018, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forum mate , my 4.2td was a slug and an auto but put in a torque lock up and a new injector pump I've been amazed at the difference ,have a photo somewhere on the phone of the speedo and GPS doing 120 KPH at 2100rpm
Between Mataranka and Katherine .
GQ was loaded up with camping gear etc and was pulling 1.8 tonne camper ,never been able to overtake anything other than a push bike before .
Brother in law has the 4.2tb with a mild cam and it does have a lot more poke that's for sure but it will be interesting next year when we do the Simmo to see who gets stuck the most .

4bye4
30th August 2018, 10:28 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.