PDA

View Full Version : Old Newbie

jc58nc
21st May 2011, 01:10 PM
Giday,
As the title states I'm from the grey hair set reliving my younger days!
Years ago I had an MQ SWB which I modified with 280ZX EFI injection and was quite happy with it.
Times and vehicles have passed me by and I needed a stronger car than I had to tow my tandem trailer.
I've hunted down a reasonably good 12/85 MK SWB to which I am adding the 280ZX EFI to again and should do the trick.
I am not a "bush basher" as such as in my previous employment we worked in the Snowy Mountains and virtually lived in 4WDs on a daily basis, so I have had my share of "off road" excitement.
I'm looking forward to being associated with the forum to share knowledge in both directions.

Clunk
21st May 2011, 01:13 PM
g'day JC and welcome aboard.

Maxhead
21st May 2011, 01:40 PM
G'Day mate, great intro. Welcome to the forum...nearly a local from here, just down the road.
Hope you enjoy the forum and join the conversations..

Cheers
Kris

DX grunt
21st May 2011, 02:10 PM
G'day JC

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco
DX grunt

big_fletch
21st May 2011, 03:03 PM
Gday mate and welcome to the forum

Fletcha

Sir Roofy
21st May 2011, 03:17 PM
welcome aboard jc enjoy stay
might like to share some pics of your
younger days im shaw you would have a
story or to you cuold tell

growler2058
21st May 2011, 05:02 PM
Gday JC welcome aboard mate theyre a good mob here full of good info amd advice any relation to the other JC born at xmas haha

katwoman
21st May 2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome, JC. Hope you enjoy your stay..

Dark 1
21st May 2011, 05:11 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready. Nice ride too.

NissanGQ4.2
21st May 2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where the can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

Bigrig
21st May 2011, 06:14 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Finly Owner
21st May 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House JC, nice clean MK, like the wheels especially. and chrome mirrors make a nice touch to clean 4B. Need a polished alloy bullbar?

Tim

Dhuck
21st May 2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

snicko
22nd May 2011, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, ...love the shorty..... you find lots of laughs and information here - Enjoy

AB
22nd May 2011, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum JC, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bob
22nd May 2011, 11:42 AM
Welcome Mate. Hope you enjoy the experience here

wildgu6
26th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Hey buddy, Just playing catch up with intro's, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy.

stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

timbar
27th May 2011, 01:53 AM
G'day J C - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Ade
27th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Gday Sir..

Welcome onboard. Love that shorty :smiley_thumbs_up:. If I can have this..would turn it like that

jc58nc
28th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all the Welcome Messages Guys it does make me feel at home :)

Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House JC, nice clean MK, like the wheels especially. and chrome mirrors make a nice touch to clean 4B. Need a polished alloy bullbar?

Tim
I do have an alloy bar for the front Tim, I had it off to build a steel cradle for my Warn winch. Thanks for the offer though.
PS This next week I'm attacking the fuel system and fitting 280ZX EFI :)
JC

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for all the Welcome Messages Guys it does make me feel at home :)

I do have an alloy bar for the front Tim, I had it off to build a steel cradle for my Warn winch. Thanks for the offer though.
PS This next week I'm attacking the fuel system and fitting 280ZX EFI :)
JCno probs mate

Tim

jc58nc
17th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Well I'm afraid I don't own the MK Shorty anymore, after I fitted the EFI I was offered more than I could refuse so it's gone to the local ARB dealer and his son drives it around and very happy with it.
I have purchased a 1989 GQ Shorty Auto on duel fuel, it ran like a dog on the first trip home from Sydney but a little tuning made it useable. It ended up being a daily driver for my wife as we went on a weeks holiday and leaving Broken Hill had a full head on with a kangaroo in the wife's Honda Accord doing $8000 worth of damage.
Now she has her Honda back and I can really get stuck into the GQ, I have had several months to collect all the parts, now the labor to fit them.
I saved the wheels and winch off the MK to go on the GQ, so far I've replaced the rusty side windows and had all the tinting replaced.

growler2058
17th January 2012, 07:47 PM
Glad ya weren't out of a troll for too long mate phew :-)