PDA

View Full Version : sub tank gu

paulsmith
27th August 2018, 08:34 PM
hi does anybody know where the fuse is for the sub tank control unit

VK2FMIA
28th August 2018, 09:40 AM
hi does anybody know where the fuse is for the sub tank control unit

Bottom left row of the fuse box in the cab.

MB
28th August 2018, 10:31 AM
If it turns out that your fuse is ok then another possible issue twice experienced for me at least is dust/crud impaction behind the switch itself. Air blast cleaned once fixed, second time had to replace IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulsmith
28th August 2018, 11:09 AM
that fuse is for the pump not the control unit

mudski
28th August 2018, 03:02 PM
that fuse is for the pump not the control unit

Whats the control unit for then? For the pump isn't it? pull that fuse and use a DMM and see if there is voltage running to the control unit still. If there still is I got no idea. These is more fuses next to the main battery aswell. can't remember whats in there, also theres the relay box. might be just a relay.

the evil twin
28th August 2018, 03:13 PM
There are two fuses for the Sub Tank Computer... IIRC they are... one from Battery Buss (pin 12 of the Computer) and one from ACC Buss (pin 3 of the Computer).

Both are in the under dash fuse panel.
I can't remember the names/#'s and I can't get my manual working correctly on Windows 10.

Hopefully someone with a working manual can supply the fuse #'s for you.
otherwise I'll try again later

If you pull them both it also means you do not need to disconnect the Battery to reset any faults.

paulsmith
28th August 2018, 06:15 PM
thank you there the one's i am after if you can let me no which one's they are would appreciate it

the evil twin
28th August 2018, 06:35 PM
thank you there the one's i am after if you can let me no which one's they are would appreciate it

My pleasure...

It should be as follows (this is for TD42 as I can't sort out the ZD pages but AFAIK they are the same)

Fuse 24 7.5 Amp - is the Coomputer power (pin 12)
Fuse 28 10 Amp - is for the "ign on detect" (pin 1) Note that this fuse is also for other equipment

Fuse 27 15 Amp - is the switched fuel pump power (pin 3) BUT as the Computer monitors whether the Pump is electrically OK may also do other stuff inside the Computer