PDA

View Full Version : New members ride photo section on home page

AB
20th May 2011, 02:26 PM
What does everyone think about the new members ride photo display on the home page I just uploaded?

See here ---> www.nissanpatrol.com.au (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au)

Feedback welcomed, good or bad!

I have got most members rides on here but I had to go through all 10 pages and 50000 posts and extract them individually and my eyes are burning at the moment so I most likely missed a few...lol

If you don't see yours and want it up there or if your a new member and want it displayed then please email me and your photos at info@nissanpatrol.com.au

Got some great ideas coming up soon with the website so stay tuned!

growler2058
20th May 2011, 02:31 PM
Very fancy mate like it:bigthumbup:

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 02:35 PM
Hmmm ... mines not working ... or at least I can't see what I'm supposed to be looking at!!! LOL!!

growler2058
20th May 2011, 02:38 PM
Did ya click on home or the link?

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 02:46 PM
all good - just doesn't display on the iphone [using safari], but on the laptop now and appears fine ... ta ..

AB
20th May 2011, 02:47 PM
It's only displaying 5 member photos not all 120 of them...grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the drawing board...lol

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 02:48 PM
righto - I'm obviously an idiot [leave it alone] ... can see it playing [can't see Tank mind you ... how rude ... lol], but if I click the 'members rides' symbol in the top right corner, it goes to a Nav assist page??

AB
20th May 2011, 03:40 PM
righto - I'm obviously an idiot [leave it alone] ... can see it playing [can't see Tank mind you ... how rude ... lol], but if I click the 'members rides' symbol in the top right corner, it goes to a Nav assist page??

Ok, all fixed....lol

Look mate, I did poke around your members ride and grabbed 1 photo at the start but do you know how many pages are in your thread now...lol...shipppyloads!!!

Would have taken me a day just trying to go through it...LMAO...If you have any pics you want then email me mate.

big_fletch
20th May 2011, 03:47 PM
Looks good AB, I like it.. Something abit different that might lure some more people to join lol

the ferret
20th May 2011, 03:49 PM
Working good over here Andy, very nice, good job mate.:jawdrop:

Silver
20th May 2011, 03:50 PM
nice work!

timbar
20th May 2011, 03:50 PM
Wel Andy that was a Nice suprise mate seeing the pic display for the first time and whos pic was first inline that i saw .......Mine..... PML is it temporary or is it permanent i like it i almost didnt want to continue i watched it all the way through before i clicked onto the forum Well Done Mate give yourself a Pat on the back al though i didnt see your beast come up ????? might want to check that mate ...Good One

Bob
20th May 2011, 04:00 PM
Great inovation. Well done

Sir Roofy
20th May 2011, 04:43 PM
well done andy i wonder in awe as to how people do these things

damianovdd
20th May 2011, 04:56 PM
Good job Andy. Last night i thought that it will be good to gather all member`s rides in one single post in parallel to member`s ride treat... So all visitors can view all rides in one place, or view in the single ride treat for every one patrol. But what you`ve done is mooooore better and look fantastic.

p.s. google is not helping me very well with the translation, so i hope you understand me....

AB
20th May 2011, 05:15 PM
Good job Andy. Last night i thought that it will be good to gather all member`s rides in one single post in parallel to member`s ride treat... So all visitors can view all rides in one place, or view in the single ride treat for every one patrol. But what you`ve done is mooooore better and look fantastic.

p.s. google is not helping me very well with the translation, so i hope you understand me....

Understand fine thanks damian. I will see if I can have this slide show in the members ride thread too...Good idea!

Yes, my beast is not in there yet...lol..Need to take some more current pics.

snicko
20th May 2011, 05:30 PM
What pictures?? Nothing on my laptop...maybe I don't have the right program to run it?

DX grunt
20th May 2011, 05:33 PM
AB, you are THE man. The forum's mover and shaker who can walk the walk and talk the talk! haha. It's so brilliant, my pants are moving!!! lol

I'm damn impressed if you can't tell. hahahaha

Fan bluddy tastic.

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Ok, all fixed....lol

Look mate, I did poke around your members ride and grabbed 1 photo at the start but do you know how many pages are in your thread now...lol...shipppyloads!!!

Would have taken me a day just trying to go through it...LMAO...If you have any pics you want then email me mate.

Nahhhh ... don't worry about it (bottom lip out!!) - lmfao

Does look good though - great to revisit some of the rides and previous photos!

growler2058
20th May 2011, 05:59 PM
Im only gettin about 10 foters all up??

AB
20th May 2011, 08:42 PM
What pictures?? Nothing on my laptop...maybe I don't have the right program to run it?

Is there a big blank spot in the home page now?

You may need to refresh your browser...Click the refresh icon and see what happens.

AB
20th May 2011, 08:43 PM
Im only gettin about 10 foters all up??

Try refershing the page mate...A lot of the photos you guys and girls uploaded had hyphens and weird symbols that wouldnt upload to the photo thinggy...Took me a solid hour to figure out why it was only showing 10 photos at the start...lol

snicko
20th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Is there a big blank spot in the home page now?

You may need to refresh your browser...Click the refresh icon and see what happens.

Thanks AB...I actually logged off, then on again...no change...no black spot...maybe I need to turn the computer off??

AB
20th May 2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks AB...I actually logged off them on again...no change...no black spot...maybe I need to turn the computer off??

Are you seeing a big blank area or the original GQ and GU cars in the middle section of the home page?

snicko
20th May 2011, 08:48 PM
Are you seeing a big blank area or the original GQ and GU cars in the middle section of the home page?

Just the same as usual the GQ and GU cars in the middle

AB
20th May 2011, 08:53 PM
Press refresh on your browser.

Should look like this below...May look different, just find something with two arrows in green at the top of your computer screen.

http://www.aming.info/images/auto-refresh-script.png
If you have done this already then do this...

Click on tools (top right of screen)...then "internet options"...

Press "delete" (middle of that window that pops up)...

Then make sure the only thing ticked is "Delete temporary internet files"...

Press "Delete"...

May take a minute or two but this will also help your computer clean out a lot of junk...

Try again and see how you go...

snicko
20th May 2011, 09:03 PM
Press refresh on your browser.

Should look like this below...May look different, just find something with two arrows in green at the top of your computer screen.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
If you have done this already then do this...

Click on tools (top right of screen)...then "internet options"...

Press "delete" (middle of that window that pops up)...

Then make sure the only thing ticked is "Delete temporary internet files"...

Press "Delete"...

May take a minute or two but this will also help your computer clean out a lot of junk...

Try again and see how you go...

I actually turned the computer off...did'nt change any thing so I'll do your suggestions next..

Finly Owner
20th May 2011, 09:07 PM
Well done AB, excelled yoursel, and Finly made it in there, thank you. Looks Very PROFESSIONAL!

Tim

AB
20th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Well done AB, excelled yoursel, and Finly made it in there, thank you. Looks Very PROFESSIONAL!

TimWouldn't be the same without Finly mate...lol

Again everyone if your rig is not in there and want it to be then email me info@nissanpatrol.com.au

I started to get foggy eyes and if there wernt any members photos on the first page I just skipped it so please email me.

snicko
20th May 2011, 09:15 PM
I have just recently update firefox to 4.0.1 and the options are different.

YNOT
20th May 2011, 09:17 PM

Tim

Are you sure that was Finly? The red MK I saw was missing the RHR flare, looked like Finly's twin sister.

Tony

AB
20th May 2011, 09:17 PM
Might need someone else to help you on Firefox...I dont have it here.

Have you refreshed Snicko???

AB
20th May 2011, 09:18 PM
Are you sure that was Finly? The red MK I saw was missing the RHR flare, looked like Finly's twin sister.

Tony
Are you talking pre or post Finly accident...lol

snicko
20th May 2011, 09:20 PM
Might need someone else to help you on Firefox...I dont have it here.

Have you refreshed Snicko???
All good now, not sure what I did but all good. Now to check out the pics........Thanks for your help

YNOT
20th May 2011, 09:21 PM

Ha de ha haa Andy, I said RHR flare not RHF.

Tony

snicko
20th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Worked it out maybe for someone else.

I turned the computer off..OK
When the page loaded it came to the home page but I actually had to click on the "HOME" button for the pics to come up.
Each time I get onto the site the pics are not there until I click on the button.
All good........Thanks

Finly Owner
20th May 2011, 09:27 PM

Tony
Always had rear ones off Tony

Stick it to him AB

Ha de ha haa Andy, I said RHR flare not RHF.

TonyYou started it, should a left alone Mate....LOL

YNOT
20th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Always had rear ones off Tony

I really should pay more attention.

Changing the subject slightly I didn't see any of my Patrols in there.........or wasn't I paying attention again?

Tony

Finly Owner
20th May 2011, 09:37 PM
I really should pay more attention.

Changing the subject slightly I didn't see any of my Patrols in there.........or wasn't I paying attention again?

Tony
I didn't recognise them either, go to AB's link he has here and ask to have GU added. I am going to add flex pics under Finly andd ask for them to go on as interest.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
20th May 2011, 10:15 PM
Looking good Andy, but don't forget 2 update the used sale ads *L*

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Heaps more photos in it than when I checked this arvo - looks great!!!! We have some awesome vehicles doing the rounds on here, no doubt.

Good to see the shot of Tank ... sitting on the driveway!!!! What an offroad weapon that one must be!!! LMFAO!!!

Dark 1
20th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Awesome Andy, your a bloody clever man.

AB
20th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Tony, yours may be missing mate...I have a had a rough day today doing this and my eyes were killing me after page 1...lol...send me some pics at info@nissanpatrol.com.au and I'll add them.

I also have the ability to add the function to find where your "thanks" came from, etc too but I'm struggling to install that at the moment.

Theres so many things available now to enrich the forum but I'm getting overloaded with tech things....lol

NissanGQ4.2
21st May 2011, 12:00 AM
sing out if you need a hand with something Andy, not that can write any scripts for you, but if you need some testing done or anything else u may think i might be able 2 help with just say so

katwoman
21st May 2011, 01:07 AM
Thank god you fixed it. All I could see were white GQ's( no sh!t).. I understand why KATROL is not there, you couldnt have her taking all the attention away from the others..
I understand...
( you really know who your true mates are, huh ??) pml

AB
21st May 2011, 08:24 AM
Thank god you fixed it. All I could see were white GQ's( no sh!t).. I understand why KATROL is not there, you couldnt have her taking all the attention away from the others..
I understand...
( you really know who your true mates are, huh ??) pml

You may have to send me Katrol mate on email, I was only grabbing what I saw on each members first page only and I did actually skip yours because the photos were blurry.

Clunk
21st May 2011, 01:38 PM
looks real good Andy, great job mate but unlike some others, I'm not gonna quibble about not being able to see mine on there!!!!! hahahahahaha

Maxhead
21st May 2011, 01:42 PM
Just noticed this thread Andy, looks very trippy mate...well done.

growler2058
21st May 2011, 05:27 PM
Try refershing the page mate...A lot of the photos you guys and girls uploaded had hyphens and weird symbols that wouldnt upload to the photo thinggy...Took me a solid hour to figure out why it was only showing 10 photos at the start...lol

All good mate logged off and on again and walaa cool cool cool

katwoman
21st May 2011, 05:33 PM
You may have to send me Katrol mate on email, I was only grabbing what I saw on each members first page only and I did actually skip yours because the photos were blurry.
Fair enough.. I'll sort something when I get a chance..
Now I'll have to go and polish Katrol, for the pic. ( bugga)

Clunk
21st May 2011, 06:30 PM
Fair enough.. I'll sort something when I get a chance..
Now I'll have to go and polish Katrol, for the pic. ( bugga)

reckon it's about time you actually got it dirty Kat lol