PDA

View Full Version : Scan tools

Craig Mc
19th August 2018, 11:32 PM
Hey guys new to the forums.

I own a 3L DI gu patrol and having some issues with it running. I have used a foxwell NT200 and also a Actron CP9576 but they dont seem to work on my 3l DI. Does anyone know a good scan tool to use or to buy that can actually work on a DI? Cheers, this is my rig atm :thumbup:76146

mudski
20th August 2018, 08:27 AM
Dunno if 4x4 SC still sell one, but theirs works on a Di.

Bidja
20th August 2018, 07:39 PM
Dunno if 4x4 SC still sell one, but theirs works on a Di.

Mark, was this the EDS tool from Berrima Diesel _ OBD11 compliant?

Bidja
20th August 2018, 07:39 PM
Hey guys new to the forums.

I own a 3L DI gu patrol and having some issues with it running. I have used a foxwell NT200 and also a Actron CP9576 but they dont seem to work on my 3l DI. Does anyone know a good scan tool to use or to buy that can actually work on a DI? Cheers, this is my rig atm :thumbup:76146

Craig, the ECU Talk scan tool is widely used for non-CRD ZD30DDTi. Check the diesel compatibility list on the attached link. It also explain the configuration of the Nissan Consult protocol (14 pin connector) pre CRD.

http://www.ecutalk.com.au/diesel.aspx

These have USB interface also.

mudski
20th August 2018, 08:51 PM
Mark, was this the EDS tool from Berrima Diesel _ OBD11 compliant?

Ahh yes it was too. ECUtalk as you mentioned is the correct tool for the earlier Di's.

Bob
20th August 2018, 08:53 PM
I have a Nissan Consult for pre 2000 Patrols together with ECU Talk Software.
See Screen Shots here http://www.ecutalk.com.au/screenshots.aspx
Free to good home.
Pick up in Pakenham

LeighC
21st August 2018, 10:15 PM
Hi Bob, would this work with a 2000 GU with a 4.8 petrol eng? Mine is surging and flat spotting just off idle & is intermittent & would like to do live data. Thanks - Leigh

Bob
22nd August 2018, 09:02 AM
Hi Bob, would this work with a 2000 GU with a 4.8 petrol eng? Mine is surging and flat spotting just off idle & is intermittent & would like to do live data. Thanks - Leigh

LeighC

Yes I believe it will.
If you want to bring it around it will take 5 minutes to hook it up to test

Regards
Bob

LeighC
22nd August 2018, 04:14 PM
Thanks Bob,
I have been told I need Consult II, I have an OBD2 plug under the dash but it doesn't appear to talk the later language.
Its a bit hard to bring it around as I am in Northern Vic above Shepparton, I do know a guy who lives in Dandenong that I may able to get him to pick it up, is that close to you?
If it doesn't work he could drop it back, he drives a car carrier & comes up regularly. I could send you a prepaid postage bag would that be OK?
I would like to get to the bottom of it really because my next step is a new TPS & that is expensive for an auto trans. as you have to buy the whole throttle body with motors & so forth, the vehicle has done 300K so it could be getting worn in the resistive pots. I do not have a check engine light on & the Nissan dealer cant find anything, have fitted a new MAF sensor & 2 oxy sensors, done the valve shims, set the timing, done the 3 throttle relearns & still has this intermittent lean mixture just off idle & it even mucks the auto changes up when it happens, other than that it drives perfect 90% of the time.
Cheers for your help- Leigh

jay see
24th August 2018, 03:34 PM
Bob if it doesn't work with LeighC I'll grab it, my Patrol is what you had.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Bob
24th August 2018, 07:51 PM
jay see LeighC

Hi Guys.

I have the software loaded on a Laptop and am not sure if it can be transferred to another Computer. The Nissan Consult for connection to the Obd plug under the dash worked with my 1998 4.5 L Patrol.

I don't want to cause any problems with Software Licence

Still available subject to Licence restrictions

If to want to test I am available in Pakenham.

Regards
Bob

NissanGQ4.2
25th August 2018, 07:57 AM
jay see LeighC

Hi Guys.

I have the software loaded on a Laptop and am not sure if it can be transferred to another Computer. The Nissan Consult for connection to the Obd plug under the dash worked with my 1998 4.5 L Patrol.

I don't want to cause any problems with Software Licence

Still available subject to Licence restrictions

If to want to test I am available in Pakenham.

Regards
Bob

As far as I am aware Bob ECU Talk is a free program, so no restrictions. Who ever you sell / give your plug 2 can just download the software free of charge from ECU Talks website. If you have concerns about it just email Peter

LeighC
25th August 2018, 10:32 AM
Thanks Bob, I will try to get down an see you one day but I am 3 hours away, the cable I was told I needed to connect with that worked well was called a Blatz cable but it appears it is no longer available. I would of thought if it worked with yours with the OBDII plug it would do mine, Is your an auto?
I have tried Nissan DataScan ii (trial program) & it wont deliver all the data I need. The problem appears to be the first of the TB48DE's in a GU TI Patrol (09/2000) with 5 speed auto trans & only 2 oxy sensors. It has an OBDII socket but runs a different protocol. I want to read live data for TPS, Variable intake, MAF airflow meter, Ig. timing, & variable cam timing, driving down the road when this lean spot occurs.
Thanks for others info & will try ECU talk also.
Cheers Leigh

Craig Mc
11th September 2018, 10:18 PM

Just an update. I bought this scan tool, a Foxwell NT614 and it works well with my 3l DI patrol. Cheers everyone.