PDA

View Full Version : Navara D22 NATS problem

Turbo75
18th August 2018, 11:00 PM
Hello all !

First off , thank you for letting me in , i found a ton of information here !
I am asking about information for a Navara D22 , 2,5ti -2000 model , i hope you can let it slide that its not a Patrol :)

The background story ...
In Sweden we have the opportunity to register cars as tractors , with a max speed of 30km/h.
To accomplish this i am installing a speed regulator , basicly cutting the fuel when top speed is achived.
During this installation i was looking for the power wire to the cut off solenoid , and accidently cut one of the wires going to the security box on the pump.

After that the NATS dashlight is on when turning the key , and the car refuses to start !

After a lot of reading online i found this thread .
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24666-NATS-Immobilizer-light-staying-on/page3
That wire setup on the D42 pump is similar to my Navara D22 pump.

One thing a dont understand , is the cut off solenoid behind the tamperproof box on the D42 ? , and is connecting power to the solenoid all it takes to make the car run ?
Because i am pretty sure my D22 pump has the solenoid fully visable , i tried to connect power to it , a can hear the solenoid click but no start , using the middle wire on the connector marked in the attached file.

I hope someone here can shone some light to my depressed Navara :)

NissanGQ4.2
19th August 2018, 08:42 AM
Thread bumped due to it going into moderation