PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol dictionary/thesaurus

DX grunt
20th May 2011, 12:51 PM
Thought I'd post a thread about terminology. Feel free to add your favourite words and/or nicknames - and their meanings - to this list any time - day or night. lol.

Poverty Pack. This word needs deleting. I nearly go through a monitor every time I read these words.

I love my DX. No smelly carpets or electric windows to worry about. Hose in, hose out.

Less maintenance too. Get my drift? lol

Bob
20th May 2011, 01:01 PM
I call my Computers FRED (F*^%*#g ridiculus electronic device)

the evil twin
20th May 2011, 01:27 PM
I have some starting with "P"

Poverty Pack - a term used to send Ross ballistic
Prado - a term used to send ET ballistic
Prado Drivers - oxygen thieves closely related to Mermaids, ATO Employees, Journo's and Used Car Salesmen
Puke - involuntary bodily function preferably performed over a Prado
Pencil D!ck - male Prado driver
Pancake - most appealing of all the Prado body shapes
Panadol - slow working dope (hang in there, I'm going somewhere with this)
Panadol Rapid - average dope (nearly there)
Panadol Forte - premuim dope (anyone ever wonder why they make a product that has the main marketing point of "the rest of our stuff is poo compared to this"?) necessary to combat Prado Aversion Syndrome
Psychic - someone who immediately recognises a Pencil D!ck without seeing the car they drove up in.

Ooops, gotta go do some work... be back later...

Sir Roofy
20th May 2011, 01:39 PM
thought i'd post a thread about terminology. Feel free to add your favourite words and/or nicknames - and their meanings - to this list any time - day or night. Lol.

poverty pack. This word needs deleting. I nearly go through a monitor every time i read these words.

I love my dx. No smelly carpets or electric windows to worry about. Hose in, hose out.

Less maintenance too. Get my drift? Lol

not so much the carpet but the electric windows i keep forgetting to put them up be for i shut down
or i go to wind them up pml

Silver
20th May 2011, 03:04 PM
I have some starting with "P"

Poverty Pack - a term used to send Ross ballistic
Prado - a term used to send ET ballistic

Ooops, gotta go do some work... be back later...

I know we all love our Patrols, and I have one - but about 5 years ago I saw a Prado doing pretty well on a track I took some care on - not a difficult track, but a bit steep and washed out. What bugs you about them? over the rest of the pack?

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 03:12 PM
I know we all love our Patrols, and I have one - but about 5 years ago I saw a Prado doing pretty well on a track I took some care on - not a difficult track, but a bit steep and washed out. What bugs you about them? over the rest of the pack?

I think the Prado's are a nice unit - that said, too much Tupperware hanging off them which is prone to damage and bloody expensive to repair, and generally speaking, too many traction aides and not enough capability for all the hype they get ... makes the owners think they can conquer the world ... not so ...

Went to Black Duck many years ago before it closed to fourbies, and a mate actually had one ... was going ok (as he kept telling us! lol) until a black run up the top of the main hill just behind the top campground - it was major road building and body weight standing on the sidesteps on either side of the car that prevented it from rolling about three times trying to get through difficult sections that 2 patrols and a Hilux had just gone through ... scary stuff!

the evil twin
20th May 2011, 07:24 PM
Prado's are the Volvo of the 4WD world... great vehicle that for some reason attracts absolute knobs to purchase them.

I reckon everyone who has a hate of 4WD's and "wants them banned" has that attitude due to being tailgated, cutoff, barged, ignored or disrespected by a $%#@$% Prado Driver. Yeah, I know there are a lot of nice people that have them and the odd few even go off-road but great galloping goat gonads Batman, they are a darn minority compared to the absolute morons you normally encounter driving them.

Finly Owner
20th May 2011, 09:34 PM
CLASSIC; Adverb; Adhereing to a MQ/MK Nissan Patrol

VETERAN; Pronoun; Adhering to a G60 Nissan Patrol

Tim

Silver
21st May 2011, 01:48 AM
Prado's are the Volvo of the 4WD world... great vehicle that for some reason attracts absolute knobs to purchase them.

I reckon everyone who has a hate of 4WD's and "wants them banned" has that attitude due to being tailgated, cutoff, barged, ignored or disrespected by a $%#@$% Prado Driver. Yeah, I know there are a lot of nice people that have them and the odd few even go off-road but great galloping goat gonads Batman, they are a darn minority compared to the absolute morons you normally encounter driving them.

fair enough. the two blokes I know that drive that way, both drive Patrols. One still scares me as a a passenger, not as much as he did in his G60, where my knees were about 3mm from a gnarly steel glovebox/dashboard with drums all round. He now drives a GQ.

The other drives a GQ wagon, and used to drive an MQ shorty. Not as agro as the first bloke, but up there.

The other group of agro drivers I have noticed over the last 5 years are youngish women in red compact cars. Cra2y women :-/