PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

Monkeybreath71
12th August 2018, 08:59 PM
Hi guys,

I've just imported a Safari/Patrol fire truck from Japan which is totally different to any patrol over here, a TB42 (only 7200kms) with leafs front and rear. After owning a SWB MK I found that Australian patrol forums seem to be the best place to find info and advice. The plan is to remove all the rear bodywork and make it into a double cab tray back with a full length roof rack.

Cheers Andy

Dhuck
13th August 2018, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MB
13th August 2018, 07:23 AM
Welcome aboard from abroad mate!
Got one here down under myself (14,000km) but having troubles with registration due to VIN number being 6 digits short of Aussie specs.
Have seen one around that has been tray back converted like your planning too.
A couple more here that are kept complete and were able to get ‘work purposes’ registration and are making great money testing corporate fire pressure systems around the city.
GM-Japan kindly translated the pump operations manual for me if ever you need a copy sent mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeybreath71
13th August 2018, 09:28 AM
Thanks mate.

Monkeybreath71
13th August 2018, 09:33 AM
Where is the vin number as I can't find it, so I can't get it inspected and registered. We thought of using it for testing but I want to replace my Nissan D21 double cab so I need to make this a useful truck for carrying building materials. Was hoping to fit power steering to it too.

Andy

MB
13th August 2018, 11:00 AM
Our VIN also only seems to appear on the firewall plate mate.
Mechanic friend searched all over the chassis to no avail.
They’re apparently usually Aussie 1988ish vintage supposed to be atop of the chassis near front left wheel arch of which he couldn’t find either.
Power steering would be awesome for sure, they are a heavy pig to turn on road I agree!

AB
13th August 2018, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, MB you need those roof lights...lol

MB
13th August 2018, 05:44 PM
Good call AB :-)
Andy, please don’t throw out that big red light setup mate. Happy to buy it and other bits we’re missing like the yellow aerial I assume?
Mates in Wales & Scotland can help get em to us down under [emoji106]

Monkeybreath71
15th August 2018, 04:22 AM
As soon as I know what I can keep on it after inspection I'll let you know mate. If the lights have to go you've got first refusal. I've also found the chassis number, on top of the chassis rail to the rear of the passenger side front wheel.

MB
15th August 2018, 06:59 AM
Thanks Andy, greatly appreciated mate [emoji106][emoji106]

4bye4
20th August 2018, 05:54 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Monkeybreath71
21st August 2018, 10:11 PM
I've now fitted Y61 steels and we've started stripping the back as I've bought a complete aluminium dropside back off a Nissan cabstar which I'm going to shorten to fit. I found a power steering box but it's in Australia and they won't ship to the UK. I've had the same problem with a few bits I've been looking at, you guys are lucky enough to be able to buy stuff easily.76158

MB
22nd August 2018, 02:01 PM
Happy to buy the bits you need locally and post over if that helps Andy, shoot me a PM if we can assist mate!

MB
25th August 2018, 08:07 PM
As requested Andy mate, a few of the Aussie crew kindly attempting to get the ‘backup’ appliance ready for another quiet wet winter time shindig down under [emoji106]
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/290.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/291.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/08/292.jpg

Monkeybreath71
26th August 2018, 01:21 AM
That's a good looking truck mate, is the back a Morita as it looks the same as mine. If it is all the gauges and switches are up for grabs as I won't be using any of them.

Cheers Andy

MB
26th August 2018, 12:24 PM
Only ID on the back we can find is the ‘GM’ plaque mate. It’s on the rear just above the step onto the back.