PDA

View Full Version : cylinder head help

cane
19th May 2011, 07:42 PM
where can i get a replacement complete head for a l28 engine out of a 82 mq patrol

AB
19th May 2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, don't forget to post up an intro about yourself and your rig in the introductions section.

What area are you from?

WHITEGQ
19th May 2011, 07:57 PM
Hi Cane,
Welcome to the site, just try to replace the whole engine, I replaced my old L28 in my MQ when I had it, I did a conversion using a EB-ED 4.0lt Falcon engine, it was the best thing I ever did.

Finly Owner
19th May 2011, 09:22 PM
Cane once you place am intro i will help you with L28 Head.

Tim

timbar
19th May 2011, 09:27 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer

Put up an Intro you will get a more positive response

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

cane
20th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Cane,
Welcome to the site, just try to replace the whole engine, I replaced my old L28 in my MQ when I had it, I did a conversion using a EB-ED 4.0lt Falcon engine, it was the best thing I ever did.

how easy is the engine conversion and what sort of price would i be looking at mate

Bigrig
20th May 2011, 09:55 PM
thanx all, sorry about no intro, im in brisbane and own a mq nissan patrol with no mods as yet
nice to meet you all

Where abouts in brissy? Throw up an intro mate so everyone knows who they're dealing with (a bit about yourself and your rig), and if you're able, we have a fairly sizable forum meet up next weekend at Landcruiser mountain park which you could pop out to and meet some members (and get the truck dirty!! lol).

No harm done as such mate, but do throw up an intro - it's part of the protocol we ask for on here and just keeps the friendly feel going so people know who they are chatting with. Thanks in advance for doing this.

YNOT
21st May 2011, 07:03 AM
See Canes intro here; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4326-New-member

Tony

Finly Owner
21st May 2011, 09:14 PM
See Canes intro here; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4326-New-member

Tony
I have dissappear with thanks Tony..........

Tim

MQ MAD
22nd May 2011, 10:46 AM
how easy is the engine conversion and what sort of price would i be looking at mate
Youll be looking at alot more than either just ahead replacement or a replacment L28
Then youll have to get it mod plated, more costs
A good running L28 wouldnt cost maybe a few hundred,depending on condition
Even a engine replacment could be done over a weekend
Ive a good running L28 here,doin nothin
Was gunna put it in a hot rod low buck project
But money just doesnt quite stretch

cane
22nd May 2011, 10:52 AM
hey mq mad, could you possibly tell me if the l28 is a half decent engine, asking as this is the first nissan i have owned, and what other nissans run that engine so i can look at other cars for a donor engine... i never heard of a l28 into a hot rod, must b a decent engine...cheers mate

MQ MAD
22nd May 2011, 06:43 PM
L28s are in the Nissan "Z" cars
260Z have the L26 which fit as well
The 260C Nissans , again the L26
The 280C have the L28
The later end L28 powered "Z" cars run EFI and even turbo

L28 in a rod, well why not
Something different,many use ol Holden 6s,why not an L28
Besides they in factory form , eat Holden red 6s for breakky
And i already have it here
The engine is just a stock l28 with electric ignition
Sitting in an old patrol,it was only stripped as the parts were used for another (My ute)
And the diffs and remote transfer were sold
So i could whip out wack a battery in it and start it

Silver
22nd May 2011, 07:19 PM
mine used to rev enthusiastically and drink as much fuel as the 4.2 in the GQ :-)

And the aircon added appreciably to engine braking.

Kept us out in front of the group we used to tootle about with - they reckoned if our old MQ Wagon Buttercup could get there, so could they :-)

MQ MAD
23rd May 2011, 10:01 AM
mine used to rev enthusiastically and drink as much fuel as the 4.2 in the GQ :-)

And the aircon added appreciably to engine braking.

Kept us out in front of the group we used to tootle about with - they reckoned if our old MQ Wagon Buttercup could get there, so could they :-)

L28s arent reknown for their economy, thats for sure
Especially in a 3 tonne patrol
I knew a bloke who with an AUTO L28 MQ was getting 5KS to the Litre
Thats worst than a TB42
L28s do love to rev
Ive seen 6,000 rpm not a problem