PDA

View Full Version : Hi all just (re)introducing myself and my new ride.

ashmccormick
5th August 2018, 07:59 PM
Hi guys,

I spent some decent time on this forum a few years back before selling my beloved GQ (worst decision I ever made) after relocating to Brisbane city. I won't go into the details of my terrible vehicle choices after the patrol but I am now safely back at the helm of a mighty TD42 :driving2:
The familiarity is like being back with an old friend and I love it!!

Its a N/A TD42 with 2 inch lift, snorkel, ARB front and rear lockers, roof racks, awning, rear storage/fridge slide, air compressor, dual batteries, solar panel, water storage and large alloy radiator.
Previous owner apparently had it for 11 years

I do have 2 questions if anyone can point me in the right direction before starting a thread or anything

-The large alloy radiator runs 2 electric thermo fans and the water pump runs no viscous clutch fan at all due to the lack of clearance with the radiator. Does anyone know whether I run standard TD42 fan belts and hoses for this setup or is it likely to be custom stuff? They look the same shape from memory of my old TD42 but just hoping someone else has seen/run one of these set ups and can point me in the right direction.

-The infamous rear sliding window rust is the only real rust concern I have found on the old girl but Im wondering whether anyone who has had this problem before is able to tell me whether the rust in the picture below looks like its started on the body. Looked through a lot of posts about this but not found many pictures of the rust and damage underneath so hoping someone else will know from their own experience what I'm likely to be dealing with underneath. Just unsure of the structure of the frame itself

Cheers!
Ash

Mc4by
5th August 2018, 08:27 PM
Hello and welcome (back) to the forum.

Dhuck
6th August 2018, 06:56 AM
Welcome back to the forum mate.

4bye4
6th August 2018, 04:28 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

AB
7th August 2018, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

You might get a better response by asking questions in a different section as a lot of folk don't the intros.