PDA

View Full Version : Diff ratio

JackoGQYoot
3rd August 2018, 09:26 PM
Hi guys
I am looking to change diff ratios after fitting 35's. I am torn between getting 4.6s or 4.3's. What do you reckon?
Cheers

the evil twin
3rd August 2018, 10:20 PM
How much towing or crawling do you do?
If the answer is 'a fair bit' then 4.6 is the go.
If you do more touring then many people like the slightly longer legs of the 4.3's

nipagu7
4th August 2018, 09:59 AM
you could also / or instead of changing your diff ratio , change your reduction gear ratio . marks has 43% and 85% and there was someone offering a 63% ratio that some think is the ideal compromise ratio between the 2 , on this and the other patrol forum . if you have 4.3 diffs already and put in say 63% ratio reduction gears in the transfere box , you would have excellent low range abilitys and still have the taller gearing for touring on road . cost wise after changing diffs as compared to changing transfere case gear i'm not sure about . but you would have the best of both worlds .

JackoGQYoot
4th August 2018, 12:16 PM
I'm really just looking to regain a bit of the lost power from the larger tyres. I just want quicker pulloff and better performance in the dunes.
I do do a fair bit of hardcore crawling.

the evil twin
4th August 2018, 01:26 PM
I'm really just looking to regain a bit of the lost power from the larger tyres. I just want quicker pulloff and better performance in the dunes.
I do do a fair bit of hardcore crawling.

Either 4.6... or... 4.3 and transfer reduction as nippa suggested.

4.3 alone most likely won't make you happy