PDA

View Full Version : Factory Cruise Control

Smash
2nd August 2018, 02:06 PM
G'day all
I have a problem with the cruise control on my 2002 gu patrol TI 4.8 auto. It has always been horrible to use, could not hold speed properly, dropping in and out of top gear, so I never used it.
Was told by a bloke that if you fit a marks adaptor speedo correction unit it will fix the cruise control, I had to fit one anyway as the speedo was out due to tyres and diff gears.

Purchased one, fitted it, went through the programming mode, went for a drive and calibrated the speedo, worked well with no issue's, time to try the dreaded cruise control, set it at 100kmh and bingo, fixed the cruise, held speed with no problems as a cruise control should, went home and did they jay's mod so you can use the cruise in 4th, test drive again at 100 slid the selector over to manual mode and the cruise stayed on, this works a treat, went for a drive using the cruise, drove around 50 km, through different speed zones using the cruise the whole time with no problems.

Time to go home, set the cruise, won't set, the cruise on/off light on the dash is on but it won't set. Try to set it a number of times, then the set light started flashing.
Got home checked the brake lights, all working fine ( has an aftermarket rear bar with LED lights ).
Removed cruise control brake switch and test, works fine. Check all connections inc the jay's mod that I had done, all fine.
Read forums about this problem, bingo need to fit a resistor in the brake circuit at the LED light.
Fit resistor this morning and test, still won't work.
Am really starting to pull my hair out with this one, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry about the long winded story trying to get as much info as possible.
Cheers Ash

GeeYou8
6th August 2018, 08:29 AM
Do you have an electric trailer brake controller?
Sometimes these can cause issues, just operate the manual over ride & it should reset itself.
I can't see why a speedo corrector would change the way CC worked, it just changes the number of pulses, unless it is the pulse shape.
Graham

Smash
6th August 2018, 09:37 PM
Hi Graham
I do have a new redarc pro brake controller, did also disconnect the power to it to make sure it wasn't causing any problems and the was no difference, cruise still didn't work.