PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol Forum Sticker on Windscreen of a GU

Bob
18th May 2011, 02:48 PM
attached are two Pics of the Decal on the front of my Gu which bugs me because it does not follow the curve of the Windscreen.
Does anyone know where I can get a Decal that will look half decent ??

Bigrig
18th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Painful, but if you remove that one and get another, you can use scissors whilst it's still on the backing paper and cut about two thirds of the way up between each letter - that will allow you to place letter by letter and keep them straight in line with the roofline ....

20/20 hindsight I know, but not sure how else to do it other than get a signwriter/screenprinter to actually measure one up for your rig specifically - would cost a bit I assume ...

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2011, 03:09 PM
^^^^ What he said....

once your happy with the shape you got then run tape across the backing sheets over the cuts you put in and it will keep the shape for you to then take the sheet off and lay it up nice.

**Tip.

use a sponge or a spray bottle or the hose and wet the windscreen first and you will be able to lay it up real nice and remove any air bubbles easily. A little dish washing detergent in that water bottle will be a real winner too.

if you get the glass wet enough you will find that you can lay the sticker out on the screen and move it around to the right spot before pushing the water out. it will come up a treat.

Good luck.

AB
18th May 2011, 04:08 PM
x2 and x3....That's exactly how you do it.

Run tape vertically down the centre of the decal to the centre of the windscreen to get it aligned and then cut inbetween the letters to follow the windscreen and put tape over cuts to hold position.

As MR said, use dishwashing liquid and water over area to do slight movements of each letter after application until your happy.

Shame Bob, I know what you mean mate!

snicko
18th May 2011, 06:10 PM
If it dose not work then I went to my sign writer and he will make stickers to fit the screen from edge to edge about 60mm high and the correct angle of the screen.

The cost would be $20ea including postage with an order of 12. So if you damage yours beyond repair them maybe we could put up a post and see who else wants one. (I already have one order - me!!)

I also asked about having NISSANPATROL.com.au (in colour) but smaller for the back door the wheel hangs on.

Again a quanity order would be needed.

Snicko

big_fletch
18th May 2011, 07:56 PM
Few good ideas there Bob, I see what you mean about it looking better curved with the windscreen

GUtsy ute
18th May 2011, 08:26 PM
If it dose not work then I went to my sign writer and he will make stickers to fit the screen from edge to edge about 60mm high and the correct angle of the screen.

The cost would be $20ea including postage with an order of 12. So if you damage yours beyond repair them maybe we could put up a post and see who else wants one. (I already have one order - me!!)

I also asked about having NISSANPATROL.com.au (in colour) but smaller for the back door the wheel hangs on.

Snicko

Hi Snicko,
I'd be interested if you want numbers for a group buy for both or one.

Gavin

Bob
19th May 2011, 09:00 AM

Snicko

Yeah I would be interested. Just let me know where to send money when and if there are sufficient numbers. Also how much for a one off

snicko
19th May 2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah I would be interested. Just let me know where to send money when and if there are sufficient numbers. Also how much for a one off

The one off for the front screen would be $33 ea plus postage and the rear one $66 ea plus postage.

He measured my truck which is a mighty GU so I'm not sure if the "others" windscreen is different.
Would'nt think too much!!!!

Quanity is defintely the way to go.
For the front, hopefully 12 people should not be to hard to find.
If the order goes ahead should take under a week.

I would have to ask again about the rear one as I can't remember the amount.
The quantity would still be 12.
The rear one would be in red and silver and look very shmic...

Snicko

Bob
19th May 2011, 11:47 AM
The one off for the front screen would be $33 ea plus postage and the rear one $66 ea plus postage.

He measured my truck which is a mighty GU so I'm not sure if the "others" windscreen is different.
Would'nt think too much!!!!

Quanity is defintely the way to go.
For the front, hopefully 12 people should not be to hard to find.
If the order goes ahead should take under a week.

I would have to ask again about the rear one as I can't remember the amount.
The quantity would still be 12.
The rear one would be in red and silver and look very shmic...

Snicko

I definately only want one for the Front. Am willing to pay the $33 plus Postage but will wait to see if others can be found. My GU is a 1998 Model which I would assume is the same as the latest GU

snicko
19th May 2011, 06:42 PM
I definately only want one for the Front. Am willing to pay the $33 plus Postage but will wait to see if others can be found. My GU is a 1998 Model which I would assume is the same as the latest GU

Thanks Bob, should I put a new thread to see what interest there is??

Bob
19th May 2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks Bob, should I put a new thread to see what interest there is??

Yeah that would be great mate. See what interest there is

AB
19th May 2011, 07:29 PM
Definatly do a new thread mate if you want to go down that path.

I need a black vinyl cut for the horizontal snorkel stainless steel section too...lol

snicko
19th May 2011, 08:56 PM
Definatly do a new thread mate if you want to go down that path.

I need a black vinyl cut for the horizontal snorkel stainless steel section too...lol

Okey Dokey...just give me the measurements and I'll see what I can do!!