PDA

View Full Version : Lift Pump Seal

Greeny1963
24th July 2018, 12:07 PM
I had some issues with my 2003 3.0 LT. The engine light kept coming on last time I was away. A mechanic in Birdsville said my non genuine fuel filter was the problem as it was sucking air. He claimed that the non genuine filters dont come with the " Lift Pump Seal". He put a genuine filter on and the car seems to be going fine. Does anybody know what the " Lift Pump Seal" is and where it goes? I have since purchased a spare genuine filter and it only had the standard top and bottom O rings just like the non genuine.

mudski
24th July 2018, 01:10 PM
It goes around the male thread on the filter head and seals up against the head and the filter. Never seen one on my Patrol ever. But its a part thats supposed to be there....

MudRunnerTD
24th July 2018, 01:44 PM
The guy at Birdsville told me the same thing in 2012 when i rolled in with Fuel issues in my TD42Ti GUIV. replaced that seal. didnt fix. Turned out i had a split fuel line on top of the rear spring tower allowing air into the system. took me 7 months to find it.

mudski
24th July 2018, 03:31 PM
For the OP. See filter setup on the right, number 16412F. You can see where the little seal lives...75893