PDA

View Full Version : sticky clutch

Waadles
19th July 2018, 11:52 AM
So , put a new heavy duty clutch in on the weekend along with a new slave cylinder, clutch has been bled and adjusted properly. Ran perfect, felt amazing, after about half an hour of driving the pedal started to get sticky apon releasing, it doesn't stick down completely, still has loads of pressure but every cm or so apon realising the peddle it sticks, almost like its catching something 🤔. Wtf would cause this?

mudski
19th July 2018, 12:57 PM
Return spring on the pedal not hooked up? Does this happen only when the car is has reached operating temp? Or does it cold too. Heat from the exhaust will play havoc with the slave cylinder. Wrap the pipe with heat proof tape. Worked a treat on mine.

Waadles
19th July 2018, 09:33 PM
Return spring on the pedal not hooked up? Does this happen only when the car is has reached operating temp? Or does it cold too. Heat from the exhaust will play havoc with the slave cylinder. Wrap the pipe with heat proof tape. Worked a treat on mine.

Return Spring is sweet. Does it when it's cold also man, but definitey a lot worse when it's hot. Just weird that it was perfect then it started all of a sudden 🤔

mudski
19th July 2018, 09:46 PM
You need to get someone on the pedal and yourself under the car and put your hand on the clutch fork and have a feel when the clutch is engaged and disengaged to see if you can feel it there. Did you clean and then grease up the nose cone on the gearbox where the thrust bearing carrier rides?

Waadles
20th July 2018, 08:40 AM
You need to get someone on the pedal and yourself under the car and put your hand on the clutch fork and have a feel when the clutch is engaged and disengaged to see if you can feel it there. Did you clean and then grease up the nose cone on the gearbox where the thrust bearing carrier rides?

I'll give it ago. Yeah sure did, it's all done properly man.

mudski
20th July 2018, 08:50 AM
I'll give it ago. Yeah sure did, it's all done properly man.

Hmm, I reckon it might be a hydraulic issue then. Rooted master cylinder or it still has air in it? Unless the clutch fork has jumped off the pivot ball, or the ball has broken...

Winnie
20th July 2018, 09:18 AM
I have the same issue. Clutch works fine but the pedal does not have enough resistance. Mine is at full adjustment and is still too close to the floor as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tip12345
20th July 2018, 10:33 AM
cracked ball seat in the clutchfork !

Waadles
20th July 2018, 05:18 PM
Hmm, I reckon it might be a hydraulic issue then. Rooted master cylinder or it still has air in it? Unless the clutch fork has jumped off the pivot ball, or the ball has broken...

Definitey has no air in it. The clutch fork is sweet, also the pivet ball seat looks fine from what I could see. I pulled the boot off and had a look. I guess really, all it can be now is a dodgey master hey?

Waadles
20th July 2018, 05:19 PM
cracked ball seat in the clutchfork !

Pulled the boot off and had a look, it all looks to be working all fine 🤔

mudski
20th July 2018, 05:23 PM
Definitey has no air in it. The clutch fork is sweet, also the pivet ball seat looks fine from what I could see. I pulled the boot off and had a look. I guess really, all it can be now is a dodgey master hey?

Could be. Process of elimination unfortunately.

Waadles
20th July 2018, 06:11 PM
Could be. Process of elimination unfortunately.

Process of watching the funds drop fast 😂