PDA

View Full Version : GU-8 hints and tips please

timbo2410
13th July 2018, 12:44 AM
Hi all, travelling back from the UK after many years in the UK. Want to get back into 4x4 and the Patrol looks like the best option to me. Have around $28000 to get into the newest, low km's wagon. On arrival in Perth we will be doing immediate shopping for a reliable machine and would really like to know what to look out for in the way of "warning signs" and what to avoid. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

MB
13th July 2018, 01:37 AM
Welcome back Timbo mate!
Only my opinion but do believe $28k would buy one of the ultimate (some say overpriced) last 2006/7 TD42TI’s with fair bells & whistles attached.
Patrol choice does depend on usage needs planned/needed and life expectancy over the decades etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbo2410
13th July 2018, 02:40 AM
Hi and thanks for the tip. I certainly need reliability as it will be a daily driver for work. It's main objective is beach driving (fishing again at long last) and a bit of bush work as we used to collect our own firewood towing a trailer. I would intend to do at least one trip per year up North on extended fishing trips towing a camper trailer but nothing too extreme. I know we all want the best bang for the buck, but i cannot afford to screw up here. If i got a stock wagon then the only additional items I would probably install (if they were not fitted), would be snorkel, dual batteries, compressor, towbar, bullbar and spots. It needs to get he job done as safe and as easy as possible. Sounds a tall order hey :-)

Daveyboyjunior
14th July 2018, 06:16 PM
Hi Timbo
Where were you based in the UK?
D

timbo2410
14th July 2018, 06:33 PM
Hi .. in swansea at.the moment but not for long .. home here we come 😁