PDA

View Full Version : Oil around turbo

Tony Jones
30th June 2018, 09:39 AM
Hi
I've just about ticked over 100,000 KM in my Patrol and have noticed some oil around the turbo. Any suggestions as to where this is comng from?
All information appreciated
Thanks
TJ

Dhuck
30th June 2018, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Hodge
30th June 2018, 02:04 PM
Hi
I've just about ticked over 100,000 KM in my Patrol and have noticed some oil around the turbo. Any suggestions as to where this is comng from?
All information appreciated
Thanks
TJ

Hi Tony. Welcome to the forum.
Judging by the mileage, I will assume it is a Y61 3.0L CRD.

Factory Intercooler on these (including ALL 3 litre variations), can develop gaps in the end crimps, thus leaking oil and onto the parts below.

Is the oil sweating out of the outgoing hose at the turbo??

There could be oil weeping out of the turbo-to-intercooler hose and onto the turbo. My money is on this one mate. If so, a catch can should be able to help with this.

Tony Jones
1st July 2018, 09:02 PM
Thanks Hodge, that's a relief !!
By the way, I've been a member since April 2011, I thought I had posted before but it may have been on a similar site.
Thanks for your advice
TJ

Tony Jones
1st July 2018, 09:05 PM
Hi Tony. Welcome to the forum.
Judging by the mileage, I will assume it is a Y61 3.0L CRD.

Factory Intercooler on these (including ALL 3 litre variations), can develop gaps in the end crimps, thus leaking oil and onto the parts below.

Is the oil sweating out of the outgoing hose at the turbo??

There could be oil weeping out of the turbo-to-intercooler hose and onto the turbo. My money is on this one mate. If so, a catch can should be able to help with this.

By the way, where would I find a catch can?

4bye4
9th July 2018, 02:50 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

mudski
9th July 2018, 04:20 PM
By the way, where would I find a catch can?

eBay mate. Provent 200 from Western Filters...