PDA

View Full Version : Nissan warranty issues

jack
6th June 2018, 11:23 AM
Hello,

To cut a long story short, does anyone have an email addresses for Nissan Australia other than csc@nissan.com.au

I've had an ongoing Nissan Warranty issue for almost three months. For the last two months it's got to the stage where the dealer won't return phone calls or emails, this is after repeated followup emails as I would like to have everything in writing. I've rung Nissan Australia and they told me that a warranty issue has to go through the dealer. I then sent Nissan Australia a detailed email of issues I am having and asked them to followup, I received an automated reply that they would respond in 2 business days. No reply so I rang them again, they told me they forward it on to the dealer for action. Emailed again and requested escalation and response, still waiting.

Going round and round in circles.

Meanwhile my warranty has expired!

PeeBee
6th June 2018, 12:03 PM
Jack, I exprerienced circular issues with Nissan and the dealership in 1997 when I bought my GQ - funny how things never change! I went for the throat, sent a fax to the managing director of Nissan, Leon Daffney, outlined the issues, and gave them 24 hours to respond or I was going to the press. My vehicle issue were resolved that day, and I have never been back to that dealer again, never will. I suggest you make some calls or find an alternate email address to get to a Marketing Manager or Operations Director. You are obviously getting the run around from the service angle.

the evil twin
6th June 2018, 12:27 PM
1st point - Well done for getting a 'paperwork trail' happening.
Because of that starting while under warranty you are still covered under Aust. Consumer Law even tho the Warranty has since expired.

2nd Point - Nissan Aust Warranty and Customer Service is SHIT!!!
Always has been and seems it always will be.
If you get caught with a shit Dealer as well it is enough to send a normal bloke homicidal.
Luckily my local Dealer is/was OK and would do stuff under the table and not involve Nissan Aust where he could.
He is by every sense of the word an exception.

3rd Point - I agree with PeeBee and your efforts to get a 'human' point of contact inside.
Getting an outside entity like Fair Trading et al involved is a two part thing.
First off it gives Nissan another investigation to hide behind shrt term but usually gets a result long term.

jack
6th June 2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks PeeBee, I've exhausted the internet trying to get an alternative contact - they are impossible to find.

My family have purchased five Nissans in the last 12 years, three from this dealer but they don't care. Nissan used to have their executive names on their website but not anymore. I've found Leon Daphne via LinkedIn but unfortunately he's retired.

I'll post up the full story when it gets resolved (if ever), I'm a persistent person and being retired I have the time to follow this up.

the evil twin
6th June 2018, 12:58 PM
Yep, should never upset retired people (or Gov't employees)...

"Just ignore them, they'll stop wasting their time and go away" does not apply. :-)

Cuppa
6th June 2018, 02:38 PM
When unresolved issues revolve around the service provided by a dealer who will not communicate nor do the right thing & Nissan Australia simply refer the matter back to that dealer all they are doing is washing their hands of it & at the same time encouraging the dealer to behave badly. It's akin to putting the fox in charge of what happened in the henhouse, & really is a disgraceful state of affairs which just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

We here all love our Nissans, but as ET says their customer service is SHIT!

Keep on their backs Jack, someone has to show them they can't get away with doing the wrong thing & that they have an obligation to customers who have shelled out not inconsiderable amounts of money for their products.

Cuppa
6th June 2018, 02:52 PM
Maybe this might lead somewhere Jack?

Stephen Lester is the current Managing Director of Nissan Australia.

https://rocketreach.co/stephen-lester-email_1736501

https://au.linkedin.com/in/stephenlester

Corporate Headquarters
260-270 Frankston Dandenong Road
Dandenong South, Victoria 3175

Australia

Phone: 1800 035 035

jack
6th June 2018, 11:11 PM
Thanks Cuppa,

The 1800 035 035 number is the one I've already called a couple of times.

To contact him via LinkedIn I need to follow him first, wait for him to approve and then I can message him and hope he reads it. Only other option is to pay for the Premium Edition of LinkedIn and apparently I can message him, and again hope he reads it.
From what I can see on his profile he's hasn't made a comment in years and liked one post in the last 6 months, (which is more than I've done on LinkedIn in the last 3 years).
Rocketreach wants you to register and is a bit like a web bot, 3 free searches and then $49 p/m. Also doesn't rate very highly from what I can find.

At the moment I'll keep looking but will probably go the Consumer Affairs, watch this space. It's not the money, it's the principle and they have pi55ed me off big time.

Cuppa
7th June 2018, 10:09 AM

At the moment I'll keep looking

How about this one Jack? I *think* it's current. No idea what 'General Manager - Corporate Communications' is though, but might be a pathway in?

the evil twin
7th June 2018, 11:16 AM
Good find Cuppa...

Altho the way Nissan communicate most would think that position would be 'vacant'

clawrence
7th June 2018, 11:26 PM
Stephen Lester is still Nissan Australia’s managing director (see Nissan's May 2018 Media release http://www.nissan.com.au/discover/news/2018/may/10/nissan-supports-2018-australasian-police-and-emergency-services-games )

At the bottom of the media release they have kindly included the phone numbers & email address of Karla Leach General Manager – Corporate Communications Phone: +61 3 9797 4509, Email: karla_leach@nissan.com.au and Tony Mee Corporate Communications Manager Phone: +61 3 9797 4227 Email: tony_mee@nissan.com.au

So as the Nissan company email addresses appear to follow the same format I would suggest the email address for Nissan Australia’s Managing Director is likely to be stephen_lester@nissan.com.au

jack
23rd October 2018, 12:22 AM
Update and Resolution.

Long long long story short, the email to the addresses that clawrence supplied provided instant results. Emailed them late that night and received a phone call the next day. Very apologetic about the treatment I received, admitted they needed to educate their dealers and change their process when dealing with complaints.

All phone calls and emails sent to the Customer Service Centre email address are just forwarded on to the dealer, bloody useless when the issue is the dealer.

They arranged a refund of the payment I was charged for the dealer to look at my vehicle and refuse my warranty claim. (This still took ages as the dealer told them they had already refunded it - bullshit).
Warranty covered the Intercooler which was already installed and we agreed to a goodwill gesture of free 'major' service at a dealer of my choice. This service obviously wasn't going to be at my local Stealership.

Just had the service done and they couldn't be more helpful, I just quoted a reference number and got the blue ribbon treatment (I think they must have been warned not to piss me off). Even gave it a wash and a followup phone call the next day to confirm I was happy. I waited till the service was completed before posting here, hence the delay.

I now have a new Intercooler for sale as it was instantly removed and replaced by a Tig Welded one. Anyone looking for a genuine Intercooler that's done less than 200km (probably less than 50km actually) send me a PM.

Moral of the story - Never Give Up when you're in the right. (And get everything in writing)

Thanks for the help guys.

Hodge
23rd October 2018, 09:45 AM
Good outcome Jack. Great to hear you didn't just roll over like most would.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Cuppa
23rd October 2018, 12:26 PM
Good that you finally got it sorted Jack.

Shame that it was all necessary, none of us should need to waste our time dealing with rogues.

I happen to know that the dealership responsible for the problems is also my local dealership in Ballarat. A quick 'google' reveals that there have been others mistreated too. I will never use them myself & will advise anyone else the same.

What I remain unhappy about are the chances that nothing will change there. Nissan Australia's process for dealing with rogue dealerships appears non-existent, & the fact that this has been allowed to be so I'd doubt that it is about about to change. Bottom line, I expect, is that it is cheaper for Nissan Australia to 'pay out' to the occasional complaining customer rather than insist upon honourable & honest customer service as the expected standard from it's dealers.

Complaints about poor aftersales service from Nissan dealers must, I suggest, have a negative impact upon Nissan's sales. I've certainly spoken to a few people who have told me they like the Nissan product but wouldn't buy one because of poor customer back up.

Good solid products which could be sold in greater numbers if Nissan gave treating it's customers with respect a higher priority.