PDA

View Full Version : New member

Donny
3rd June 2018, 11:47 PM
Hi I have just purchased my first Nissan patrol and need lots of help and advice as been female I’m not that up to date with cars and especially 4wds so thanks in advance
Cheers
Donna

Dans GQ Wagon
4th June 2018, 01:01 AM
hey welcome.
im fairly new here too but everyone has been very helpful and friendly to me, im no mechanic im what people would probably call a bush mechanic with a mechanical background. And ive only learnt about half of what there is to know about gq's over the past few years but if i can help im more than willing to try and help. just like everyone else on here.

try adding some more info about your patrol and what you want to know, there a few different variances between year models. parts arnt all the same but there is a lot of interchangeable parts in saying that too. i own a gq with a 92 tb42e (thats efi) its rusted to buggery so now its my parts warehouse lol, and the gq with a 91 tb42 (thats carby). the tb42 has single piston calipers and the tb42e has twin piston calipers i recently found out on here thanks to this awesome bunch that you can change the singles to twins all you need to do is caliper, rotors, pads. if yours is petrol and your looking at rebuilding the carby (recarb https://www.recarb.com.au/new-330-holley-carburettor-suit-6-cylinder-motor-street-use.html) there holly 330 conversion kit was around $700 he sets it up for what your going to be using the vehicle for as in towing he might put bigger secondary jets in or if your seriously 4x4ing he might adjust the float height etc. i find driving sensibly with the rooftop tent on and rear draws full of camping gear she not light and on the hwy i get around 450-500kms to the tank and thats without extractors on regular 91 fuel from 7/11 once i put my extractors and 2.5-3" exhaust system on im hoping to get extra 100kms out of it but thats just wishful thinking most likely Hahaha.

Mc4by
4th June 2018, 11:14 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
4th June 2018, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

THP635
5th June 2018, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum

AB
5th June 2018, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigcol
6th June 2018, 09:24 PM
welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
9th June 2018, 10:24 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum Donna