PDA

View Full Version : New member

D22zd30
22nd May 2018, 11:11 PM
Hello, thanks for the add.. im still working your site out and was wondering where would i ask questions regarding code diagnosis on the di zd30? Thanks

MB
23rd May 2018, 12:16 AM
G’devening Vic mate!
Years and years of super valuable information here, try the search function on your device/puter, surely will be in there, hopefully :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
23rd May 2018, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Mc4by
23rd May 2018, 09:56 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

D22zd30
23rd May 2018, 11:10 AM
That's weird, my last post has disappeared!

D22zd30
23rd May 2018, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your welcome MB, AB. Mc4by!
For some reason my last post explaining nav issues has vanished danmit! In short i was hoping to get others opinions on diagnosis of codes "ecutalk scan" 31, 71 and 47.
I have a d22 zd manual and have worked through the tdc's for these codes but was wondering if others had experienced any of these codes and what remedies they took?
I keep coming up with relace ecm and OR replace I.P?
Started fine ran fine and died at idle? Mobile mechanic says look at pump! Tow home, scan and get codes 31 and 71. Follow tdc's for these codes and get another code also, number 47?
Any and all thoughts welcome, thanks vic

Chickensnitz
23rd May 2018, 12:19 PM
Welcome mate

4bye4
23rd May 2018, 02:06 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

D22zd30
23rd May 2018, 04:31 PM
Nitz, 4bye- thank you ...

Ok managed to get to the crank position sensor and give it a clean, my question about the cps is, from reading the manual the cps gets it's power from the ecm? Is that correct?

If so i may have found my problem!
I Next question, i have checked the earth at the conector to the cps pin 1 to the body earth to test continuity " all good" ! So that leaves pin 2 reader and pin 3 power . Key on and no reading at that 3 pin !! Ecm -right? Checked all fuses and will again, but that conector that joins the cps at the front of the motor should have power-right? ...

I tried testing the cps resistance and that was fine but i thought I'd do the "backyard" test to see if the cps is reading anything and got no power reading at all so i started working back from there, leading to ecm? Maybe ;)
Have a look at this, this is what i call a cleaver backyard trick- when you dont have the right tool for the job eh https://youtu.be/cB1VEfjGz1c

Soooo what's ya thoughts? A wreckers E.C.M and a new oem
C.P.S ? Thhat before fronts off motors ya think?

GQtdauto
23rd May 2018, 05:08 PM
Welcome mate sorry can't help with codes the GQ doesn't have any and the GU goes to mechanics but someone hopefully should pick it up .
If not try typing error code into the search box top right side of the screen .

D22zd30
24th May 2018, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome GQ. Thanks for the tip, i think it's one of those jobs you replace parts untill she starts! I'm ordering a second hand ECM tomorrow so that will be the start of things i guess.. that then cps then pump....danmit

Dhuck
24th May 2018, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

D22zd30
24th May 2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks dhuck, cheers mate!

simaronracingteam
29th July 2018, 08:43 PM
Hello Everyone, Bob here from Philippines, its good to be here, found lots of useful info for my 2001 nissan patrol zd30

MB
30th July 2018, 07:22 PM
Welcome aboard Bob mate!
Best to jump across to the introduction section and post up some great pics of your truck in a dedicated own thread or mechanical sections if ever you need the teams help brother!