PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 airbox drain hole

freax
22nd May 2018, 02:20 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is meant to be anything in the drain hole to stop water entering the airbox??

mudski
22nd May 2018, 08:16 AM
No. its there as a drain hole. To drain any water that gets in.

MudRunnerTD
22nd May 2018, 09:06 AM
Not sure about the ZD30 box but there should be a rubber bung that allows water to drip out and limits the ingress of water. I have installed a length of bicycle tube to the bottom of mine that lets water free flow out but folds over to a kink when it is submerged.

freax
23rd May 2018, 10:26 AM
No. its there as a drain hole. To drain any water that gets in.

so with a snorkel fitted would you need to block it? im thinking for water crossings.

freax
23rd May 2018, 10:28 AM
Not sure about the ZD30 box but there should be a rubber bung that allows water to drip out and limits the ingress of water. I have installed a length of bicycle tube to the bottom of mine that lets water free flow out but folds over to a kink when it is submerged.

and it works ?

AB
23rd May 2018, 11:08 AM
so with a snorkel fitted would you need to block it? im thinking for water crossings.

No you should never block it.

It's designed to let water out but not in.

If you block that and water does get in from loose connections on inlet side or rain from snorkel head etc then water cannot escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
23rd May 2018, 11:45 AM
and it works ?

As AB said you want it there to let water Out. by fitting an extension tube that kinks it reduces and slows the ingress of water in a crossing. you might get a little in but it should stop most of it. Anything that does get in you want to be able to drain out as soon as possible.

freax
23rd May 2018, 11:50 AM
ok cheers, I have seen a little rubber 1 way valve type thing on patrolapart but it looks too big for the hole I have

mudski
23rd May 2018, 01:04 PM

No. Only a very small amount of water gets in. You’d have to in quite deep and pretty much not moving to worry about water getting in that hole. The hole is there to let the water out that gets in via the snorkel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk