PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

NatoY60ute
3rd May 2018, 02:54 PM
Patrol Noob, doin a full ground up rebuilt rewire on y60 97ute running td42 (factory turbo I think it has) . she has 500k on her so it will be a slow hall. Gearbox and clutch done (think it needs an adjustment) I would like to make it keyless ignition as well. Also abandoning stock dash(tacho and speedo) and also taking wipers and indicators off of the steering and hope to attach to dash and gear stick respectively. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated.
At the moment i am wondering if I can have the thermostat housing machined or do I need to go new?

AB
3rd May 2018, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get any answers here you might get a better response by asking questions in a different section as lot of people don't read the intros.

MB TD42
3rd May 2018, 08:59 PM
Gday n Welcome sound like a good plan...

Dhuck
6th May 2018, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
6th May 2018, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Mc4by
6th May 2018, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the forum.

threedogs
7th May 2018, 06:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum I know of a few guys who made there own dash but they were winch challenge trucks
Made from aluminium sheet. they were Y60s as well sorry no pics. plenty of rocker switches everywhere and led lights.
They also had internal roll cage incorperated into them as well, Brown Davis do a decent ROPS if thats how you want to go.

4bye4
7th May 2018, 06:55 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.