PDA

View Full Version : SCA Color Spec

AB
1st May 2018, 07:05 PM
Picking up the GQ tomorrow after fixing the panel damages so will need to do a respray of LHS rear quarter.

Ironically the same spot as my last damage!

There's a local Supercheap near me and I've noticed they now have a colour matching spray service.

When I repaired my previous dents I went to a custom automotive shop in Bayswater which is a bit of a drive for lazy me and also payed a fair bit so just checking if anyone here has used there colour matching paints for any feedback?

Link below...

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/services/in-store/paint-mixing/

AB
1st May 2018, 07:08 PM
Actually, now that I think about it I bought my fuel cover panel into the auto shop to match the colour rather than then giving them the code.

Not sure if thats risky matching paint to the code on a 28 year old vehicle?

Avo
1st May 2018, 08:57 PM
Actually, now that I think about it I bought my fuel cover panel into the auto shop to match the colour rather than then giving them the code.

Not sure if thats risky matching paint to the code on a 28 year old vehicle?

should be able to take a spec of paint flake to a spray painter mate n they can match pretty well

nissannewby
1st May 2018, 09:07 PM
The problem with any paint matching is the new paint is new. So some polishing/blending might be required to get a uniform finish with the old weathered paint.

GeeYou8
4th May 2018, 08:12 AM
You will only get a rattle can quality job out of a rattle can.

What are you prepared to live with?
Graham

garett
4th May 2018, 08:50 AM
it all looks good, in the dark from a distance with your eyes closed.:P

mudski
4th May 2018, 05:26 PM
I used their paint and matching to do my barn do. I just gave them the colour code and they mixed it up. I did four light coats of paint and a real light sand in between coats then a top coat of clear. came up pretty good.

Deano2506
4th May 2018, 05:37 PM
G'day mate. I tried sca's colour match...was shit,colour not right.
I went to a auto paint shop after that and got them to match it from my code
It was perfect,should have went to them in first place.
Cost me twice as much because i wasted my money at sca.
Spend the money on the right paint and it'll cost you less and you'll be happy with the result.

AB
4th May 2018, 05:42 PM
You will only get a rattle can quality job out of a rattle can.

What are you prepared to live with?
Graham

I'm not after perfection as it is a GQ but the last time I banged the quarter up and used a matched pressure pack can it turned out pretty damn well actually, I was impressed...lol

AB
4th May 2018, 05:44 PM
G'day mate. I tried sca's colour match...was shit,colour not right.
I went to a auto paint shop after that and got them to match it from my code
It was perfect,should have went to them in first place.
Cost me twice as much because i wasted my money at sca.
Spend the money on the right paint and it'll cost you less and you'll be happy with the result.

Thanks mate yeah I found a few Youtube videos with people flamming them because of the colours not even closely resembling their code so I chose to get it properly matched to my fuel cap cover like I did last time and it turned out pretty good.

Just saving some pennies to get the can and clear.

threedogs
5th May 2018, 02:54 PM
Not SCA but Auto One up the road had 3 goes of getting it right in the end was spot on an still only cost $30
which is the RRP at the time. Need some more now as a battery tipped over in the cargo area and has left some bare metal marks
Ill let you know how it goes