PDA

View Full Version : Prototype electronic lift on GU Patrol

AB
13th May 2011, 05:20 PM
GU patrol electric lift up to 45cm/18inchs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFijG3PtRo&feature=related

NissanGQ4.2
13th May 2011, 06:08 PM
different and noisy, does nothin for me but that may just be because its a GU and not a real 4wd *LMAO*

Bigrig
13th May 2011, 06:26 PM
Why? That's about all I have to offer .... diffs still low, probably can't actually off road with it up as it on some of of spindle (one each side as he presses buttons to lower individually as it goes), centre of gravity ridiculously high, only showed the front so I assume back does the same, and for the money spent, could of got some real offroad equipment ...

I say again ... Why?

big_fletch
13th May 2011, 06:55 PM
Why bother?? Another bored persons invention I suspect

Sir Roofy
13th May 2011, 08:22 PM

have to agree with fletcha here.why

timbar
13th May 2011, 08:26 PM

yep stupid and totaly unpractical and probably useless off road

katwoman
14th May 2011, 04:32 AM
Oh,look. Katrol on steroids....

Bigrig
14th May 2011, 09:09 AM
Oh,look. Katrol on steroids....

More like Katrol on acid!! lol

Bob
14th May 2011, 09:11 AM
Now that is a Waste of Money and Effort

Bigrig
14th May 2011, 09:18 AM
Now that is a Waste of Money and Effort

Yep - I know there is always the "because I can" excuse for doing something, but I am really lost as to why you would wake up one day and think, "that'd be cool" ....

Although if he can get it to bounce as he drives along and gets a 'la Coocaracha' horn installed, he can drive up and down the strip with his hispanic mates!!!! LMFAO

gec
14th May 2011, 06:30 PM
Not so much why, but how would be the question. I can see the benefits as long as it doesn't impede the onroad handling and the flex offroad. It would be fantastic if ya got hung up or if you can do front and rear independently then climbing hills would be a breeze also.

katwoman
14th May 2011, 06:36 PM
I like it, but is backwards... Should work to lower car so ( un-named) people can get in Katrol...Then lift bit back up again...

Clunk
14th May 2011, 07:02 PM
sorry but not egzactly wetting me pants with excitement with this one................ too slow, too noisy and it's not a white GQ hahahahahahaha